Super Contributor

Re: Anyone buying the Dooney & Bourke TSV?

@Beauty Maven wrote:

I'm on the fence.  It's kind of expensive, and I'm not crazy about the color choices.  Also, I'm not familiar with the Beacon leather.  Does anyone have a Beacon leather Dooney?

Agreed on the colors - watched the video presentation sneek peek with Amy and the colors look quite drab. Also, it's a tote, but too small for a laptop, which makes it fairly useless as an everyday bag for work. Nothing very special about it (especially for the pricetag).

Esteemed Contributor

Too many $$$ for a bag made in China.  

Honored Contributor

According to one host, it's fa-law-less.Smiley Mad

Occasional Contributor

Last Thursday I went to the QVC outlet in Lancaster PA, about an hour from my home.  All Dooneys were $79.99!!!  I bought a tote, in perfect condition, and couldn't be happier!  I would never pay the ridiculous prices on QVC!

Respected Contributor

No, definitely passing on this one! It's a good price but boring looking! This is the kind of bag my grandmother would have carried. It doesn't look current or stylish to me!

Honored Contributor

Not interested at all.  The style and type of leather is a big yawn for me.  They promoted how this leather takes color, but the colors look awful to me.  They all look like the worst shade that particular color could have been.  Nothing says, rich, saturated color.  

Noticed this morning all of the colors are still available — bad sign for a TSV.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Not interested at all.  The style and type of leather is a big yawn for me.  They promoted how this leather takes color, but the colors look awful to me.  They all look like the worst shade that particular color could have been.  Nothing says, rich, saturated color.  

Noticed this morning all of the colors are still available — bad sign for a TSV.

@Caaareful ShopperI was thinking the same thing. None of the colors sold out.  They didn't even through in any accessories with it like they sometimes do.

Respected Contributor

I have a bag from the Beacon collection. I think it was a TSV from about this time last year. I like it a lot. This bag was an awkward size for me. It’s too big for me for a handbag and not big enough for a work tote.
Honored Contributor

The only Dooney I have is so heavy ,I will never buy another

Esteemed Contributor

No