Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody in for today's Marc Fisher boots?

[ Edited ]

I have a fat calf, actually two of them.

No goring-no fit. I see numerous boots in B&M stores that are made of mixed leathers and fabrics, and the intention is to create a vertical line. Some are made for wide legs, some for very thin.

No biggie either way, and as always, discerning shoppers consider the source when reading meaningless comments.

Hope all of you who have received them, enjoy them.

QUESTION- how was the goring color dealt with in the two tone boot?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anybody in for today's Marc Fisher boots?

[ Edited ]

@violann wrote:

I have a fat calf, actually two of them.

No goring-no fit. I see numerous boots in B&M stores that are made of mixed leathers and fabrics, and the intention is to create a vertical line. Some are made for wide legs, some for very thin.

No biggie either way, and as always, discerning shoppers consider the source when reading meaningless comments.

Hope all of you who have received them, enjoy them.

QUESTION- how was the goring color dealt with in the two tone boot?

On the video, to me the goring for  the 2 tone boot was screaming wide calves!  The goring was all black, and the top of the boot was a saddle color. I also have two of 'them' ... Woman LOL so I examine that sort of thing!

I'm not a fan of elastic goring either. Overall, though-  I thought Marc's goring was very understated- just 2 vertical strips along the back  with  a leather strip down the middle. I was considering the wine boot but I couldn't tell if the wine elastic matched the wine leather. so I held off. If the 2 blend  you could hardly  tell! I'll wait and see when I visit QVC next time.