Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anybody in for today's Marc Fisher boots?

[ Edited ]

@vac wrote:

I already have two pairs of riding boots that I haven't worn often enough, so I'm passing.  But I recently ordered the Trinity boots in wine from the Marc Fisher website, and the color is rich and lovely.  I think it will work pretty well as a neutral.  I haven't seen a presentation of the TSV boots, but if the color is the same as the Trinity wine, I think you will love it.

Thanks for the review of the wine shade, that's the one that's calling my name today! I don't have anything like it and it looks so rich- I tend to wear lots of wine shades (all year round!) as well.

Does your boot have any goring? How well matched is it to the leather? In the presentation today it looks spot on, maybe you can comment how it looks on your boot in person? 

Honored Contributor

I do wish they would have lowered the S&H. 12.00 is a bit much for a TSV.....

Esteemed Contributor

I'd normally agree about the too high s/h - but I have a $10 shipping credit on my qvc account.

They took the video down!!!  I was going back to look at the wine shade- to see how it blended with the elastic goring. The temptation to buy is lessening without that incentive!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I ordered the dark brown which are the same size as my Naturalizers I bought last year in  black. They were about $20.00 less than this TSV, but not quite as nice. Sure hope these fit!

Honored Contributor

How can anything "cheapen" a look since "looks cheap" means nothing at all?

Honored Contributor

I liked them...somewhat.  I just find that I need riding boots like I need a hole in my head. I have many pairs of them.  They have been out for 3 years now and I've bought 4 from Vince Camuto.

I wish they'd bring in a dress boot, 2.5 inches high that aren't dowdy without a big calf circumference.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

I liked them...somewhat.  I just find that I need riding boots like I need a hole in my head. I have many pairs of them.  They have been out for 3 years now and I've bought 4 from Vince Camuto.

I wish they'd bring in a dress boot, 2.5 inches high that aren't dowdy without a big calf circumference.

That reminds me- I bought awesome Vince Camuto boots with hsn's crazy clearance sales last Spring. I haven't worn them yet!! 

Esteemed Contributor

I like them very much but, I have so many that I decided to pass on these. Whoever ordered them wear them well and in good health.

Respected Contributor

I got the boots. Nice calf--and tall enough (I have thin calves and long legs.) Beautiful looking.

Sadly they don't make a 10.5 and predictably, they are too small. 11 would be too big. And there is no padding at all in the foot. Back they go.

Very irritating as the shipping is pricy. I'm highly annoyed. At QVC for not making 10.5 available--sorry big feet don't mean we can wear any old size and annoyed at FIsher for poor padding in the sole. The limited flex on boots means you need more padding, not less. 

Trusted Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:
Personally, I don't care for them. I don't like the strap and buckle detail, which sseems to be on just about every pair of boots out there. I really dislike the elastic goring all the way up the back too. To me, that cheapens the look.

I've seen a lot of this style of boots in B & M stores and agree that the goring does look cheap. I prefer boots that are made of all leather without the straps and buckles.