Esteemed Contributor

Anybody buying the smoothXbike?

I'm tempted......but quite awhile back, I vowed to not buy any more home exercise equipment----as I tend to not use them once they're home! LOL 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anybody buying the smoothXbike?

No......it says it will take an hour to put it together...even if I knew I could do that....who wants to go to all that work only to find out you don't like it...then you would have to dissasemble it to send back....

Many years ago I had a piece of exercise equipment ...something that required pedaling...forget what it was....just know after having it for a few weeks...it started to click with every move....nothing I could do to stop it....it was so annoying...too much trouble to take apart and send back...so there it sat till I gave it away...

Respected Contributor

No. Exercise equipment is something I would want to try before buying. We have a bike that was my dad's that I never use because  is noisy and a real stretch for my short legs. I hate it. When we went to the gym they had ones I loved riding, others I hated.

Respected Contributor

If instruction say one hour to put together I would double that. My husband and I bought a grill last summer and 45 minute assembly time became hours. I am not great with putting things together but he is.

Honored Contributor

watched about 20 mins of the show, they talked about the colors but nothing about assembly :-(

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Products like this makes me sooo sad.

People buying are trying, really trying, to improve their health.  

When they end up with an inferior piece of equipment...that hurts your knees due to improper pedal placement & hurts your bottom with a short, little seat, it ends up in the next garage sale & just reinforces the 'exercise is bad' thought.

If one lives in an urban area, $200 can buy you a gym membership where there's a multitude of different equipment & options.   Can't leave home? Push-ups, squats are free...and will get your cardio buzzing.

This TSV moves quite a bit when the vendor was using.  Can't imagine it being safe and/or stable for someone larger than the vendor.

Frequent Contributor

The last time that bike co. had a tsv i bought it. What a disaster, it fell apart in less than

two months.The gears within the pedal area, shaved down to nothing... got no help from the co. or the Q. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'd like to have an exercise bike, but the reviews have turned me off of this one.  People commented about how noisy it is or how it broke.  One review stated she bought it for her 5'3" mother, but it wasn't adjustable to accommodate her height.  I was thinking about getting it for my mom, but she's under that height, so I guess this wouldn't work for her.  Sounds like a pain to disassemble and return if we wanted to do so, so I will look elsewhere.  I'd prefer more than a 90 day warranty.

As for the noise factor, I think all big equipment can be noisy.  My Pilates is loud/squeaky--nothing like the demos on TV--but I play music when I'm exercising, and I don't use it when others are sleeping, so the noise factor isn't an issue for me.

Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

No......it says it will take an hour to put it together...even if I knew I could do that....who wants to go to all that work only to find out you don't like it...then you would have to dissasemble it to send back....

Many years ago I had a piece of exercise equipment ...something that required pedaling...forget what it was....just know after having it for a few weeks...it started to click with every move....nothing I could do to stop it....it was so annoying...too much trouble to take apart and send back...so there it sat till I gave it away...

I'm with you, there is probably no way I would be able to assemble this, surely not in an hour! Then if I don't like it I have to take it apart and try to fit it back in the box. It probably would cost a lot of money to ship back. This is an easy pass for me.

Honored Contributor

They said you could put it in your car??????    

♥Surface of the Sun♥