Honored Contributor

Re: Any word on the D&B TSV?

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

I knew they would give us the dumbed down version.  The dooney site has the same tote with a back zipped pocket and not a slip pocket.  I’m not surprised.  

@Blingqueen023 

Hi Bling.  I agree. 

Do you think the handles are also too thin for the bag?  It  just looks weird with the skinny handlles.

Hope you are having a great late summer!

@winamac1  Hi Winnie!   Haven’t seen you in a while here.  Glad you’re still around and posting.   I think the handles would have been better if they were about an inch longer in length.   One thing I did notice about those straps, some of the models had a hard time keeping both straps on their shoulders.   I have so many tote bags from dooney that I don’t carry anymore.  I much prefer satchels.  This bag is pretty, but give me Florentine leather any day of the week.  That’s my favorite leather from Dooney.  I have to say the summer has been the worst this year. I’ve had more rain then sun this summer.  I hope yours has been better than mine.  Looking forward to the cool fall weather.  Hope you’ve been well.  Happy fall weather to you.  If it ever gets here.  Heart

@Blingqueen023. Hi Bling.  It's great to see your post!  I did think the handles were too short, and they just looked too thin for the bag's width and size.  IT just didn't look proportioned right, but I actually did like the bag.  I like the Florentine too!  How's that gorgeous Coach bag of yours?  I loved it.  I want a big one in the style you got, but I don't think they made one.  It's been raining here for 3 days--pouring.  I'm SO over it. I did go to California for a few days a week and a half ago--it's so nice there--weather wise.  I can't afford to live there though, lol.  Newport Beach is incredible as far as the weather and the shopping....WOW.   A whole mall full of stores we don't even have here!--Gucci, Chanel, Fendi, LV, etc.  Unbelievable. Lots of purses, LOL.  

Stay in touch and have a great fall.  (I cant' find your e'mail anywhere).  I looked for it.  

Happy Sunday!!! Smiley Happy 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

I knew they would give us the dumbed down version.  The dooney site has the same tote with a back zipped pocket and not a slip pocket.  I’m not surprised.  

@Blingqueen023 

Hi Bling.  I agree. 

Do you think the handles are also too thin for the bag?  It  just looks weird with the skinny handlles.

Hope you are having a great late summer!

@winamac1  Hi Winnie!   Haven’t seen you in a while here.  Glad you’re still around and posting.   I think the handles would have been better if they were about an inch longer in length.   One thing I did notice about those straps, some of the models had a hard time keeping both straps on their shoulders.   I have so many tote bags from dooney that I don’t carry anymore.  I much prefer satchels.  This bag is pretty, but give me Florentine leather any day of the week.  That’s my favorite leather from Dooney.  I have to say the summer has been the worst this year. I’ve had more rain then sun this summer.  I hope yours has been better than mine.  Looking forward to the cool fall weather.  Hope you’ve been well.  Happy fall weather to you.  If it ever gets here.  Heart

@Blingqueen023. Hi Bling.  It's great to see your post!  I did think the handles were too short, and they just looked too thin for the bag's width and size.  IT just didn't look proportioned right, but I actually did like the bag.  I like the Florentine too!  How's that gorgeous Coach bag of yours?  I loved it.  I want a big one in the style you got, but I don't think they made one.  It's been raining here for 3 days--pouring.  I'm SO over it. I did go to California for a few days a week and a half ago--it's so nice there--weather wise.  I can't afford to live there though, lol.  Newport Beach is incredible as far as the weather and the shopping....WOW.   A whole mall full of stores we don't even have here!--Gucci, Chanel, Fendi, LV, etc.  Unbelievable. Lots of purses, LOL.  

Stay in touch and have a great fall.  (I cant' find your e'mail anywhere).  I looked for it.  

Happy Sunday!!! Smiley Happy 

@winamac1  Morning Winnie!  My niece moved to San Diego and loves it out there.  She landed a great job and said she’ll never move back to Maryland again.  I can’t blame her.  

Sounds like Newport Beach is the place to go for bags.  That Flowered coach bag is great.  I get compliments all the time on it.  Haven’t used it lately due to all the rain that’s been around here.  That flower bag does come in a bigger size.  The Coach website should have it, plus IVe seen at on the Neimen Marcus site and the Saks Fifth ave website.  The price is obscene of course.  Heck, the price for the small one was obscene, lol. Wish 

I could have gone with ya to Ca.  I would have been in handbag heaven there.  Lol 

Honored Contributor

This bag was not a dumbed down version. The EXACT bag is on the Dooney site.  It is $268.00 on the D&B site, which is the same price QVC has it for today. 

I ended up not purchasing.  I loved the look of the bag except that zipper would bug me, I know.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

This bag was not a dumbed down version. The EXACT bag is on the Dooney site.  It is $268.00 on the D&B site, which is the same price QVC has it for today. 

I ended up not purchasing.  I loved the look of the bag except that zipper would bug me, I know.  

It still wasn't that great of a deal. A 30% off Macy'sale would bring the bag down to a bit less expensive with no shipping cost.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

It still wasn't that great of a deal. A 30% off Macy'sale would bring the bag down to a bit less expensive with no shipping cost.  

Yep. If I had wanted it, I'd wait for a sale elsewhere.  Not like I have to have it this minute.  Plus I'd like to see it in person.