Esteemed Contributor

Any upcoming Sleep Number TSVs?

Don't watch much and could not access the program guide, but I'm wondering if there are any upcoming specials on the Sleep Number beds?

I'm assuming that the Insider Guide might have mentioned it.

Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: Any upcoming Sleep Number TSVs?

@Witchy Woman

June 5th - Sleep Number Bed TSV

I don't see any other information yet !

Esteemed Contributor

Aren't you an angel!  Thanks for the prompt response. 

I'm seriously considering purchasing another SN mattress as I've had good luck with previous buys.

I'll be checking it out!

Thanks, again.

Honored Contributor

They also have a sale on their site & in stores now for Memorial weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Thanks!

I'll check it out.

I know some don't like this mattress, but we've are comfy and have had good service from their Customer Service.

My king bed is on the second floor and it is near impossible to get a mattress and box spring that size up those steps and around the landing.

Since this bed comes in big boxes, it really works for us!

Off to check their site.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Thanks!

I'll check it out.

I know some don't like this mattress, but we've are comfy and have had good service from their Customer Service.

My king bed is on the second floor and it is near impossible to get a mattress and box spring that size up those steps and around the landing.

Since this bed comes in big boxes, it really works for us!

Off to check their site.

We have been sleeping on a Comfortaire for years. Time to get a new one. We keep debating on the Sleep Number or other type mattress? The only problem I have with the air beds is the air leakage & a non working pump. How well do the pumps on the Sleep Number bed last? We went through 3 with the Comfortaire before we decided we were not going to buy one after the proration period ended so we plugged it. I just found a site online yesterday sleeplikethedead.com that has unbiased reviews on airbeds, innerspring mattress, memory foam, latex, reviews on pillows, toppers bedding etc. They don't sell anything. Just reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz

You asked about the pump and air leakage with the Select Comfort/Sleep Number bed.

My experience has been that it did NOT leak.  Originally, I had one of the oldest models without anything but a soft/firm control, so that first one was unknown as to leakage.

However, my newer model has a wireless remote and it never SHOWED any leakage. 

As an aside, several years back, we moved our king SC mattress to the bed in our small B&B, and we purchased a new mattress for our bed.  I bought a similar air bed from a place called Habitat Furnishings.  I had seen it mentioned on this board.  It was a bit cheaper than SC, so I opted to go for it. 

Sadly, 4 years down the road, the "pillow top" has two big furrows in it where DH and I sleep.  It is very noticable so I contacted the company and explained, sent pics and asked what they would do. 

Short answer, not much.  They would "refurbish" the top at a cost to me, or send me a new one for full price.  I told them neither was acceptable and I wouldn't buy their mattress ever again.  But, what do they care?

Not to mention I was FOREVER reinflating the bed.  It would go from 50 (firm) to 35 overnight.  Had the pump replaced early on, but it continued to deflate.  They explained that the air channels were affected by the house temp.  I keep the house heated and cooled, so, I just didn't feel that was sufficient to lose so much air overnight.

Sorry to ramble on, but the upshot is I am going back to Select Comfort as I never experienced these two issues AND we were comfortable.  I have had to contact their customer service a few times and they were very responsive.

Honestly, I don't think they make most mattresses to last more than 5 years, but I will say that my OLD SC mattress (in our B&B) shows no signs of giving out.  Granted, it is not slept on every night, but it holds air and there are no furrows where people sleep.

Yes, I've heard of sleeplikethedead.com and will check it out again.

Lots of people say they don't like the SC beds, but my experience has been positive AND it is so much easier to get it up to my second floor bedroom.

Sorry for the LONG response.  Too much coffee today!

A few months ago I was concerned about "off gassing" of the newer mattresses, but I got more and more confused trying to shop for something "organic" or "clean."

I'm just going back to SC.  Life is too short to spend THIS much time trying to find something to sleep onWoman LOL

Hope you find a mattress you love. 

Contributor

Does anyone have a number for the upcoming Sleep number bed?

Respected Contributor

Your Number for Good Slumber

Your Number for Good Slumber

H206775 Sleep Number Special Edition with Advanced DualAir(TM) Technology

Tune in to Sleep Number(R) Beds on 6/5

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @MorningLover

I hope they have something other than the adjustable mattresses.  That won't work in my bed frame.

Was this info someplace on the Q website?

Appreciate the update just the same.