Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any reviews on joy mangano's pillows?

On 1/10/2015 sueinsf said:
On 1/10/2015 BlingQueen022 said:
On 1/10/2015 Inner_Wealth said:

I have her pillows and love them...I think they are wonderful, but as Harvarti mentioned they are a tad more on the firm side...But my head sinks in and I always get a good nights rest...I did purchase them solely for the "cooling" aspect, for my hot flashes...and for that alone, I am very impressed, as it really does cool me down...It is wonderful for that...

I also have the MY PILLOWS from here on Q...They are perhaps more comfortable-cushy overall, but I think both are really nice in their own way...

I ordered the Mangano travel pillow today...( same pillow but smaller ) for my travels abroad...and ordered one more set of the Today's special ...

Good for us hot flashers...lol...{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Did ya see the massage pillow you can wrap on various body parts? What a great deal that is and it got nothing but good reviews. Ordered two of them. Giving one to my dad for his neck that has arthritis in and hoping he gets relief from it.

If you mean the show stopper, 376-291, I would definitely NOT say it has nothing but good reviews. 30 - 5 star, 25 - 1 star with an average of 3.1. You might want to read what the negatives say before buying.

It has a bunch of pages of good reviews. The main negative review was the batteries not lasting and for this type of pillow of course they're going to be run down. I'm keeping my order.

New Contributor

I bought these pillows when they were a TS several months ago. I think they sold over 200,000 sets of them that day. I bought them for my husband who likes to sleep almost sitting up in bed,and he loves them. They are large, firm, and heavier than any pillow I have ever had before. I like to sleep on a very flat pillow so I would never use these myself. However, when I read in bed I do like to prop my back up against them. I keep king-size pillow cases on mine so I never know which side is warm and which side is cool. Overall, I think they are a good purchase for those who prefer a very firm pillow.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/10/2015 dionline said:

Not an easy sale - I, too, use Tony Little's jumbo pillow (even took one on my last cruise!!) and I love it. Another was ordered just in case something happens to the one I'm using.

Last night Joy said her's has pieces of memory foam in it (a la My Pillow). It just appears she made her pillow 'new & improved' from the My Pillow due to it having a warm/cool side. DH uses the My Pillows so I'm interested in seeing them side-by-side for comparison. His pillows I didn't like at all. My head went straight down to the mattress when I laid on it, no support at all for me. (Btw, I couldn't get the quote you see below this to stay up on top!!)

I have the Tony Little's (JUMBO) which is very firm and I have never been disappointed-either for a sleep pillow or using for back, as I mentioned before. Does anyone know the difference between the Tony Little's pillow , also having this Joy M.'s claim to fame pillow that is on today, for comparsion?

HI dionline~Smile,

I alway am INTERESTED in your posts. They are quick to the point and are filled with positive substance......those are 'the ones I read and {am please to reply back to}!

I know when Tony Little was first on hsn, it was probably over (maybe 2 years) that I had actually known who he was, BUT really had little or limited time to watch an entire show featuring several products in his line. One day in the afternoon I had turned on the weather channel and had to go up the channels before I hit our local news and there was someone showing this different type of pillow, so I watched. That had to have been over 5 years ago????!

I had purchased two fine quality sleep pillows from a well known linen shop online and was very pleased but wanted something that would be cooler for summer. He hit on that particular issue so I bought 2 in Jumbo. It was one of the best pillows, NEXT to my recent purchase previously. I still have the original and one still in the box. I would buy again~!

I was HOPING for this joy & comfort pillow to be somewhat like his but a little more softer.
...........The competion is so fierce that now-everyone is trying to copy each other in my own opinion. I have no ide when, but the best of the best pillows I -EVER- bought came from QVC. That was over 7 years ago. I still have both. We, the buyers, were told not to wash but I did and it's a good as the day I purchased. I may by one set of the JOY comfort and compare, if for no other reason, use for my ``desk chair and couch``.

Still waiting for more personal reviews but have place an order...can alway cancel or give to a friend. Really it would make a great CAT bed for (maybe) our new litten or cat. I did not buy the pillowcases...not enough WoWs from the Joy crew.

WHEN ANY PRODUCT IS SELLING AT HIGH RATIOS, THEN THERE IS THE BETTER MOUSETRAP. * MADE WITH A LITTLE FEATURE THAT CONVINCES US, IN MY OPINION, we SURE CAN TRY IT OUT. I sure do hope to find out the QVC's pillow that is next to perfect for me.

_Naes

Valued Contributor

JM pillows are either one you love because it just works, as in my case, or like my husband who can't stand them and sleeps on a down pillow. I think the only way you will know is to try them. We have tried many pillows at various price points and for me these were a steal and a great relief for my neck pain.

ETA...my dog is small and very old and she does sleep on one of these too!

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/10/2015 AnnaBella said:
On 1/10/2015 bunk said:

Which Tony Little pillow for neck and shoulder pain. I am constantly searching for a holy grail so I don't wake up in agony!!

Here is the info on the two pal pillow set. His body pillow is also wonderful!......Tony Little DeStress Micropedic Pillows 2pk - Queen item # 294-035

Body Pillow? I will buy immediately. I know it will be long enough to curve around my "U" shaped chair or on my new recliner.

Pillows, mattresses and all cotton linens are three of the most important things I consider the bells and whistles.

I can not stand junk!

_Naes

Thank you Smilefor this information, 'bunk'~

Trusted Contributor

I have them from the last TS. They are large and heavy but I wouldn't call them firm. Dense but not firm. I'm a stomach sleeper and tend to slip off the bottom edge of most pillows. Not with this one. I actually get some very nice support with Joy's pillow. The cooling side is not really very cool, but I do prefer it to the warming side. To me there is enough of a difference to matter. My DH is on the fence with his pillow. He really does like the support, but he also likes to ball up he pillows. Not sure why... Any other pillow he has destroyed in a few months. With Joy's pillow he has not been able to destroy it! Still in the same shape when we got them new over this past summer. Well worth the $40...I've even been considering a second set. BTW, I use my standard pillow cases froom my sheet sets. I have to since both the DH and I tend to sleep with out mouths open....a case is way easier to toss in the washer instead of spot cleaning the pillow!
Super Contributor

On 1/10/2015 Lucky Duck said: I love "My Pillow". I just ordered a 2nd bed pillow. I also have a travel pillow and one that if I remember correctly is a bolster pillow. My search for the perfect pillow has ended!
Amen, i have pitched all others and gotten My Pillows. Our bed and guest beds.
Honored Contributor

You can't wash these. If anyone in your household has allergies or happens to be a drooler, that makes them a no go.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

i bought them the last time they were a TS. they are the most comfortable pillow i have ever owned. i used to use 3-4 pillows a night. my s/o thinks i am nuts. LOL

when i got these the first night i slept on them i had a great night sleep. they are firm but pliable. i also bought her pillowcases. the pillows are totally worth much MORE than what they are selling for today. i am so tempted to get a second set. if she keeps doing these pillows i will change all of them in my homes.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone. I ordered 3 sets and the pillowcases. If we don't like them, back they'll go
“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet