Valued Contributor

Re: Any idea what the IT Cosmetics TSV in July will be?

Wouldn't you think that since they offer Neutral Medium and Neutral Tan, that they would also offer Neutral Light?  

Valued Contributor

I was curious about this new matte foundation.  A lady on Youtube posted a review of the product as she got it sent to her from IT directly.  She loves the regular CC cream but alsio finds it tacky/sticky, she says, in the summer months.  She found that the new matte foundation has clay in it to absorb oils.  For her, it made it too dry as she already has skin on the dry side.  Then, she experimented with adding various oils to the foundation to make it less drying.  She also mixed the regular CC cream foundation with the new matte foudation 50/50.  She likes it overall when mixed.  Check out one of the YouTube reviews if you are also curious.  She also said the colors match up with the regular CC cream foundation, if you have one of those.

Honored Contributor

@customerqvc2 wrote:

I was curious about this new matte foundation.  A lady on Youtube posted a review of the product as she got it sent to her from IT directly.  She loves the regular CC cream but alsio finds it tacky/sticky, she says, in the summer months.  She found that the new matte foundation has clay in it to absorb oils.  For her, it made it too dry as she already has skin on the dry side.  Then, she experimented with adding various oils to the foundation to make it less drying.  She also mixed the regular CC cream foundation with the new matte foudation 50/50.  She likes it overall when mixed.  Check out one of the YouTube reviews if you are also curious.  She also said the colors match up with the regular CC cream foundation, if you have one of those.

That seems like too much work.  I'm normal skin so assume this would be too drying for me.  I guess I should stick with the regular CC cream. 

Is this for oily skin?

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@customerqvc2 wrote:

That seems like too much work.  I'm normal skin so assume this would be too drying for me.  I guess I should stick with the regular CC cream. 

Is this for oily skin?

Supposedly, it's for people with oily skin or for those who want a matte finish.  From what I understand, that's why they put in the clay to absorb the oils some.  I agree with you.  I am slightly dry and I think this foundation may be too drying all by itself.  But, since I do have the regular CC foundation, I guess I could mix the two like the reviewer did.

Super Contributor

@customerqvc2

Thank you for your post! I was wondering what oils did she mix in with the matte? Could we use something like Josie’s Argan Oil? I am also normal to dry. I am getting the TSV because I want to try the Fairly Light shade since Light in the CC cream is a bit dark for me, however I have yellow not pink undertones so not sure it will work. I also want to try the powder in the TSV, looks interesting! Great TSV and great price. 

Valued Contributor

@Souperkrys wrote:

@customerqvc2

Thank you for your post! I was wondering what oils did she mix in with the matte? Could we use something like Josie’s Argan Oil? I am also normal to dry. I am getting the TSV because I want to try the Fairly Light shade since Light in the CC cream is a bit dark for me, however I have yellow not pink undertones so not sure it will work. I also want to try the powder in the TSV, looks interesting! Great TSV and great price. 

The YouTube poster tried several oils and a foundation primer to mix with the It Matte foundation.  I can't remember the brand names of the types she tried.  Maybe you might find that same video on YouTube because hers was the only one I could find when I put in the It Matte foundation into the search engine.  

As far as the color matches, she said the matches are nearly the same as the regular CC foundation.  Like I say, one of the better blends for the reviewer was to mix the regular CC foundation with the new IT matte foundation 50/50, if you already have the regular CC foundation.  I used to buy both fair and light and mix them myself before the fairly light was offered at the last IT TSV which featured the Bye Bye Foundation.  It matched me perfectly.

Super Contributor

@customerqvc2 wrote:

I saw how dry it looked on her skin. I want to try this, but think it would be too drying for me.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]
@homedecorator wrote:

@customerqvc2 wrote:

I saw how dry it looked on her skin. I want to try this, but think it would be too drying for me.

I agree with you @homedecorator because my skin is combo/dry.  Also, I am still on easy pay from the last IT TSV that included the Bye Bye Foundation.  For me, I really don't need another foundation just yet, especially one with added clay that may have a tendency to "dry" up any oils.  I'll wait and see if IT Cosmetics includes a sample size of the CC Matte foundation with my next order,

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Souperkrys wrote:

@customerqvc2

I watched that lady's Youtube video and here is what she said (this time, I wrote down the products) 

Smashbox Primerizer was "so so" (she used it because it was a very moisturizing primer)

A drop of Urban Decay Drop Shot Mix-In was "pretty good"

Kokie Cosmetics Transferrmix Dewy foundation mixer was "very good"

And don't forget she also said that the IT CC Matte foundation could also be mixed with the regular IT CC foundation in a 50/50 mix and she said that turned out good, too, but not as good as what she found using the Kokie Transfermix Dewy foundation mixer

Kokie cosmetics are sold at Walmart stores, I found in my online search.  My Walmart doesn't carry them, so I will need to order this product online, if I need it.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find it curious that they included a compact in the same shade of your choosing and not a translucent powder.  Is this their way of telling the customer that you will not get full coverage and need to use the additional product?  If this new version is matte, you certainly don't need to dry it down so what is it for if not for additional coverage that the tube failed to give.