Honored Contributor
On 2/18/2015 brii said:

Does anyone remember when they had a bag of grass seed as a TSV?

OMG I do remember this now that you brought it up. I tried to block it out of my mind. That has to have been the all time worst.

Honored Contributor
On 2/18/2015 LipstickDiva said:
On 2/18/2015 brii said:

Does anyone remember when they had a bag of grass seed as a TSV?

OMG I do remember this now that you brought it up. I tried to block it out of my mind. That has to have been the all time worst.

I still say that was the ultimate joke.

Grass seed? It probably cost more to ship it. LOL

Honored Contributor

Your opinion is my opinion... {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I delete the TSV emails without even opening them because I know they'll be lame. Besides which, most of them come hours after the TSV has actually been unleashed...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Grass seed? And I thought a TSV of sponges was the ultimate shark jump.

Contributor
And this is why so many have stopped watching, myself included. Unfortunately it must be working for QVC be cause we see the same things over and over. I sure miss seeing new things.
Honored Contributor
I remember the grass seed. But it wasn't just ordinary grass seed; it was SPECIAL!! (Brought to you by the people who sold Jack his magic beans.) Smiley Wink
Esteemed Contributor

Michael George seems to love the direction QVC is taking. I was reading a transcript of a presentation he gave to equity analysts in January. The merging of social media with shopping is not going anywhere and is all-important according to him.

Blending entertainment into sales is crucial: i.e. Ellen presenting her wares in a studio from L.A. in front of a live audience.

Branding shows with hosts is important: David and Jill were specifically mentioned.

Oh, and I found these quotes about QVC customers really hard to grasp: "We retain almost nine out of 10 customers from year to year. She buys 22, 23, 24 items from us a year on average." I guess that's a lot of auto-ship being delivered.

Trusted Contributor

Happy to see another item I have absolutely no interest in. Money $aved!!!

Regular Contributor
Ditto!!!
Honored Contributor
On 2/18/2015 Johnnyeager said:

Michael George seems to love the direction QVC is taking. I was reading a transcript of a presentation he gave to equity analysts in January. The merging of social media with shopping is not going anywhere and is all-important according to him.

Blending entertainment into sales is crucial: i.e. Ellen presenting her wares in a studio from L.A. in front of a live audience.

Branding shows with hosts is important: David and Jill were specifically mentioned.

Oh, and I found these quotes about QVC customers really hard to grasp: "We retain almost nine out of 10 customers from year to year. She buys 22, 23, 24 items from us a year on average." I guess that's a lot of auto-ship being delivered.

Well, that explains why just about every presentation has a vendor.