Frequent Contributor

Another mattress, really?? People really buy mattresses on QVC? I live in a small town and we have a mattress store nearly on every corner. I can't imagine buying one you haven't even laid down on...you have no idea how it feels. It isn't like buying clothes, kitchen appliance or computer...any my goodness, can you imagine if you have to returen it? Mattresses are on QVC way too much. 

Respected Contributor

I agree - would never buy a mattress without trying it out.  And there have been several posts of nightmare scenarios regarding delivery scheduling on here about the mattresses and other large items.  I also can't imagine trying to return something like that.  It's a big no for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, I would never buy a large item on QVC .  It's difficult enough and expensive to return a small item!   I almost purchased a Lazy Boy chair and am glad I didn't.   After reading the reviews regarding delivery and  so called "warranty's"  I was nervous.  I ended up at the store and got a much better deal!  

Respected Contributor

I would never purchased a mattress from QVC either, but I have been interested in an adjustable bed for the future so I have been watching some of the presentations to see how they work and for information purposes.

Valued Contributor

Here's my thoughts (for what they are worth!).....go to all those local mattress stores...try it out...If you like, compare pricing and then decide if the Q is best.  We have had a Sleep Number bed for many years.  Shopped locally and made our purchase, but that was before I ever saw them on the Q.  This could be great pricing on the Sleep Number (haven't priced them lately) and they come shipped in small boxes for assembly.  This fact alone made it possible for us to add a King size without the worry of removing banisters and dinging walls.

Honored Contributor

I bought a serta mattress on the q.  It was a great mattress.  The last mattress I purchased at a well known local store.  I tested many mattresses.  Narrowed it down to one.  Went back a couple times to make sure before ordering.  The first night I knew there was no way I was keeping this mattress.  I called the store the next morning and said come get it.  I had to keep it 30 days before I could return it.  That was about 8 years ago.  I am terrified to buy a new mattress.  LOL

Honored Contributor

And prepare for another mattress TSV before long.  The My Pillow guy has now come out with a mattress.

Frequent Contributor

I wonder if his mattress is as lumpy as his pillow?

Trusted Contributor

We recently purchased a new mattress set.  I had to try at least 6 different mattresses before I found one that felt right.  That was AFTER narrowing down the mattress brand with internet searches for recommendations.  To me it is a considered purchase that will be with you for years.  

Valued Contributor

Well, it is Sunday, and since a Dyson product is not the TSV, not surprised it's a mattress.  And I would never purchase a mattress without trying it out for firmness, etc.  But I guess some out there do...another wasted Sunday on the Q, but at least there are lots of sports today!