Trusted Contributor

Another Small Appliance, Another Give-away in a Few Years

It's gotten easier and easier for me not to buy more small appliances for the kitchen. After a few uses they don't get used. After a few years they get donated.

I'm saving the energy and money in not going around that loop. ANYONE ELSE?

-Solar Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: Another Small Appliance, Another Give-away in a Few Years

[ Edited ]

@Solar Is My Name   I use all my kitchen appliances and/or gadgits & they last for years.  99 1/2% of them are OXO.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Solar Is My Name   I use all my kitchen appliances and/or gadgits & they last for years.  99 1/2% of them are XOX.

@Mz iMac 

I'm right there with you.  I love my Oster French Door countertop oven, used sometimes several times a day.

Ninja double oven countertop is used frequently too.  As for gadgets love my Pull & Chop, have had it for several years.

@Solar Is My Name 

I undestand not wanting more clutter I'm pretty much done with what I have.  Which ones do you not like? 

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123   "Which ones do you not like? "

Yesterday I return an OXO vegable chopper because it did not do a good job chopping up spinach.

I like my salad "greens" shreaded.  N.J. eateries do not shread salads.Smiley Mad  So back to manual shreading for me until I invent one.

Other than the above, it's the only gadget I've ever returned.

I gave my Ninja air fryer away & purchased a deep fryer for my "real" french fries.  Plus there's nothing like 'REAL' fried chicken & fried fish.

I gave my red countertop convection oven -Black & Decker to my baby brother because it didn't "warm" & it was only for 1 hour max.  Somehow my brother got it to "warm."

I purchased an Emerson countertop convection that stayed on for 4 hours max & the warm setting was actually semi hot! 👍🏾

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I love our Emeril french door oven, and I love the Ninja oven that we have in the camper too. I have to admit, I just ordered the ninja ice cream maker, I often buy sugarfree ice cream and it is pricey so I'm going to try this out. I will probably regret it. 

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

I have a cart with all my "had to have" small appliances.

The other day I was cleaning all the appliances and saw the "Panini Grill" my husband "Had to have".

We drove to a mall over an hour away to buy it at Bloomingdales. It was YEARS ago. And we have NEVER used it.

It sits next to the ice cream maker that I "Had to have". And have NEVER used.

Just cleaning these items every once in awhile cures me of buying anymore "had to have" appliances. Not going to get rid of them, I need to have to clean them and be reminded that I don't need anymore stuff.

Respected Contributor

I buy things i will use. I use what i buy.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@rockygems123   "Which ones do you not like? "

Yesterday I return an OXO vegable chopper because it did not do a good job chopping up spinach.

I like my salad "greens" shreaded.  N.J. eateries do not shread salads.Smiley Mad  So back to manual shreading for me until I invent one.

Other than the above, it's the only gadget I've ever returned.

I gave my Ninja air fryer away & purchased a deep fryer for my "real" french fries.  Plus there's nothing like 'REAL' fried chicken & fried fish.

I gave my red countertop convection oven -Black & Decker to my baby brother because it didn't "warm" & it was only for 1 hour max.  Somehow my brother got it to "warm."

I purchased an Emerson countertop convection that stayed on for 4 hours max & the warm setting was actually semi hot! 👍🏾

@Mz iMac 

It's hit and miss isn't it?!

All I know is I can't think right now as I saw your other post with the Tahitian man pic wowie. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Solar Is My Name wrote:

It's gotten easier and easier for me not to buy more small appliances for the kitchen. After a few uses they don't get used. After a few years they get donated.

-Solar Smiley Wink

Same here.

Valued Contributor

@Solar Is My Name wrote:

-Solar Smiley Wink

could not agree more!!  

i know myself now, i love it in the moment, but know down the road, i will forget about it.  

i am very thoughtful now, i don't want to be part of the "fast fashion, gadget of the day" world.  too many resources used, wasted & sitting in landfill/oceans for 100's of years.

keurig comes to mind.  between the machine itself and the pods, oh my, the landfills are screaming.  honestly you can't brew a cup of coffee in a pour-over?  takes 3 minutes.