Esteemed Contributor

OMG - yet another Hair Max TSV? Good grief. And no, I won't be watching. 

Valued Contributor

I won't buy another Hairmax product. I purchased the hair band version from QVC about three years ago. It stopped holding a charge recently. I can only use it for about a minute before it dies. I could not find an option to obtain a new battery on the Hairmax website.

Respected Contributor

Boring with a capital B.

Honored Contributor

I saw that on QVC and then I switched to ShopHQ and they were also selling a similar product.  IMO it's cheaper to get a Gabor or Toni Brattin wig--LOL!!

Honored Contributor

@Jasmine19 wrote:

I won't buy another Hairmax product. I purchased the hair band version from QVC about three years ago. It stopped holding a charge recently. I can only use it for about a minute before it dies. I could not find an option to obtain a new battery on the Hairmax website.

I haven't noticed there being any Hairmax TSV's in quite awhile.  

@Jasmine19 I started having a problem with my battery after the 1st year. I blame it on taking it on vacation with me at altitude since I've had a problem with my laptop batteries at altitude too.  I noticed I didn't get as many buzzes while there, and whe we returned it didn't get any better.  Anyways, I got a few years out of it, but the time kept getting shorter and shorter.  

I found a replacement battery on Ebay.  The seller actually sent me instructions for how to get into it.  It's not for the faint of heart though.  As with many things, they're easier to get apart than they are to put back together.  He told me the larger band that has more LED's was a more complicated procedure.  Anyways, I got it mostly back together but have the flexible comb part held one with hair ties.  But, it works.  

Now, I can do my entire head if I wanted, although I don't.  

Super Contributor

I love the Hair Max I started using 16 weeks ago!

I was thinning on the temples and it was driving me a little nuts. But now I have tons of baby hairs filling in and I'm totally thrilled. I'm also using the shampoo, conditioner and accelerator, which makes my hair look generally fuller and more manageble than it has been in years. At 77, I'm looking forward to a full head of hair by New Years!

Now, for those of you who aren't interested in the product, don't watch. There are a lot of products I'm not interested in and I don't watch their presentations. Your choice.

If my Hair Max only lasts 3 years, I'll just buy another one. I think $117 a year is well worth it for the health of my hair and the quality of my life.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Jasmine19 wrote:

I haven't noticed there being any Hairmax TSV's in quite awhile.  

@Jasmine19 I started having a problem with my battery after the 1st year. I blame it on taking it on vacation with me at altitude since I've had a problem with my laptop batteries at altitude too.  I noticed I didn't get as many buzzes while there, and whe we returned it didn't get any better.  Anyways, I got a few years out of it, but the time kept getting shorter and shorter.  

I found a replacement battery on Ebay.  The seller actually sent me instructions for how to get into it.  It's not for the faint of heart though.  As with many things, they're easier to get apart than they are to put back together.  He told me the larger band that has more LED's was a more complicated procedure.  Anyways, I got it mostly back together but have the flexible comb part held one with hair ties.  But, it works.  

Now, I can do my entire head if I wanted, although I don't.  

@Icegoddess 

I didn't know that the battery could be accessed in that LaserBand device! I read that it was permanently installed and that it wasn't replaceable. Good for you! Way to go. I would have done the same thing as you.

Respected Contributor

@SchippyLuv I've had mine for 5 years, and it's still going strong! It's just the hand model like this one but has made a world of difference. I was just thinking that if mine died tomorrow, I would buy another one in a heartbeat. 

Honored Contributor

Yup...   And Shophq had their version on this morning too.  

Honored Contributor

Hairmax combs have replaceable batteries in them. You can find a youtube video to show you how to replace them.