Respected Contributor

Re: Annoyed -TSV now waitlisted

@Foxxee wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I really could use some new storage boxes and wanted to order, but noticed that the reviews are just awful.

So many people complained about a toxic smell odor...many, many people,  So I  didn't order them.

If they come back in stock and the reviews are better, I'll order. I might have to pay a few $'s more, but won't have to ship them back.

@Carmie 

They do have a very strong odor.  It took about a month for the odor to disappear, then I ordered more because I like them so much.  

Of course, that's ridiculous to have to air anything out at all, let alone for a month.  

I also purchased this as a TSV in the polka dot where you got 4 boxes a yr or so ago....and yes the odor was BAD!  I opened them up and wiped them down on the inside with a microfiber cloth and just plain water.  Kept them unzipped and open to the air in a spare bedroom...the odor went away in 48hrs.  I have had no issues with them.  Wiping them down with the cloth and just plain water was the key.  I noticed on the reviews of the old ones that some people wiped them with all kinds of other things...don't do that....just plain water.  And the odor just disappeared in a few days.  

They did say on air with these new ones that the odor issue was addressed so we shall see as I did pick up the seafoam color...I plan on doing this same process once I get mine! HTH

Respected Contributor

Re: Annoyed -TSV now waitlisted

I just received 2 sets of the Periea TSV and no odor problem.  I also have 3 separate orders received throughout the year, all in the Gray Damask and no issues whatsoever, odor, function, design etc.  I'm super sensitive to smell and haven't had a bad smelly order yet!  I love them including the small 2 set organizers, have 2 sets of those, they are super handy in my office and for TV viewing area, TV and Luminar remotes, nail polish lol etc.  I have them in the black polka dot, the item number is Item number Item number V36002