Respected Contributor

Re: Amy I would only suggest wearing these to work if one works from home office

@Jinlei wrote:

Amy is very materialistic.  I cannot watch her and do not.  There are more important things in life than shopping and having the latest styles.  What a phoney and that is JMO. I know there are a lot of people that like her.

She is a salesperson on a shopping channel. What would you like her to talk about? 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Contributor

Re: Amy I would only suggest wearing these to work if one works from home office

@RespectLife wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

@ILTH  It doesn't.  It's just that I prefer working with people who take themselves and their jobs seriously.  And dressing inappropriately, IMO, does not reflect that.

You are so right. Nowadays many people have low self worth and are attention seekers. And for many a job is just a paycheck,  they do not care about job performance or dressing appropriately. Lots of employers are having a hard time finding qualified workers with a good work ethic who are responsible and accountable. 

Oh gosh!  If I wear leggings to work, I have low self worth and am an attention seeker?

Does this free mental health evaluation pertain to anyone who wears leggings or just to those who wear them to work?  That is quite a generalized statement just for a pair of pants!

I happen to get many compliments on my outfits and wear leggings all year round.

I agree with others though, that the top makes the difference in the outfit.  I am short, so tunic length tops are my staple.

Wearing leggings or capris can really highlight a great pair of shoes!

We are not all in the same box or made from the same mold.  I don't evaluate people based on their pants!

I agree 100%.  I wear leggings all the time with everything and I love them with boots, sandals, sweaters, longish ts, jackets etc. I was out town once and had to go to a charity event and I wore my black yoga pants with a tee shirt and a leather jacket and I got so many compliments. Athleisure is in and I for one am glad.

Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Jinlei wrote:

Amy is very materialistic.  I cannot watch her and do not.  There are more important things in life than shopping and having the latest styles.  What a phoney and that is JMO. I know there are a lot of people that like her.

She is a salesperson on a shopping channel. What would you like her to talk about? 

Haha. Snap. You're watching QVC not the View.

Honored Contributor

It depends on your job but there is casual attire and then there is inappropriate work attire. Those leggings looked like workout wear, not even normal, casual leggings.  

Every Friday at our local Courthouse is casual.  However, I have yet to see anyone in leggings and a t-shirt or short top.  That's just not appropriate attire.

I also think leggings require a top that at least covers the butt.  It doesn't have to be a mid-thigh tunic but unless you are working out, the proportion just looks off. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, the hosts especially AS did the big hard sell with the leggings, but AS has shown us in the past just how inappropriate she can be. I received the leggings today in black and yes they indeed are work out wear, but with the appropriate top for butt coverage they are thick enough you could wear them to work IMO.

Super Contributor

The stirrup pants were thicker and did not cup under the butt or reveal the butt crack the way tight leggings do. Not the same at all. 

Valued Contributor

My daughter and I have a pack, If either one of us would succumb to wearing these kind of things out in public we are to immediately stop the other person. When you see women all over the malls,  grocery stores etc. wearing these with the most unflattering look on their butts and legs,  we think don’t they see themselves in the mirror?