Honored Contributor

Re: Amy I would only suggest wearing these to work if one works from home office

own two businesses in two different cities on two separate coasts.

our dress policy is no set policy.

wear what you want......leggings, skirts, jeans, khakis, a suit, wear makeup, dont wear makeup, have a beard, long hair, short hair, no hair, open toed shoes, boots, etc......take pride in what you do, how you do it, and treat others with respect is what is required. it has worked this way for quite a long time now.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Amy I would only suggest wearing these to work if one works from home office

The dress code at work has changed dramatically.  I can't say that enough.  I work for a white-shoe law firm, and our female attorneys including Partners wear leggins and a tunic, with ballet flats.  Of course if a client is expected, we all step it up - yes even a business suit/heels.  This is how people dress today.  Personally, it took me a loooooog time to get used to, as I started working when business dress was still required in law firms.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

wear what you want......leggings, skirts, jeans, khakis, a suit, wear makeup, dont wear makeup, have a beard, long hair, short hair, no hair, open toed shoes, boots, etc......take pride in what you do, how you do it, and treat others with respect is what is required. it has worked this way for quite a long time now.

You sound like a great boss!  Are you having a hard time finding qualified workers with a good work ethic who are responsible and also accountable? How about low self-esteem? Is that an issue?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

You sound like a great boss!  Are you having a hard time finding qualified workers with a good work ethic who are responsible and also accountable? How about low self-esteem? Is that an issue?

at the moment i dont have any of these issues. our businesses are not large and we are not a multi milion dollar corporation.

cannot say that i have ever had an employee with low self esteem. if they did they never gave any indication that they had it.

there have definitely been times  where responsible people with a good work ethic were hard to find......or those people changed after a while and became like that.

i am a great, fair boss and do give a little at times, but once they are done, they are done. i need people who dont mind coming in a little early or staying a little late every so often.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I wonder what Amy's husband and parents thought about her performance?

I didn’t see her presentation, but in this day and age women don’t have to ask permission or get approval for these types of things.

Trusted Contributor

Amy is very materialistic.  I cannot watch her and do not.  There are more important things in life than shopping and having the latest styles.  What a phoney and that is JMO. I know there are a lot of people that like her.

Trusted Contributor

Just because you CAN wear something to work doesn't mean that you SHOULD .

Honored Contributor

And just because you can post such negative nasty things doesn't mean you should!

Trusted Contributor

@redwingsgal   Really?   Wow....

Respected Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

Your post made me laugh. :-D

Are you hiring, Sunshine? lol

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu