Amy I would only suggest wearing these to work if one works from home office

[ Edited ]

They look nice and opaque but I  feel disturbed for younger ladies who wear these and don't have tunic  on or seem aware of reasonable public attire.  Please don't suggest they wear them to WORK and have all the models wearing short tops and being of normal weight. Some people have no awareness that not everyone wishes to see their buttocks.

guess I may be prudish;  some would say classy.

Valued Contributor

Re: Amy I would only suggest wearing these to work if one works from home office

That whole display with Amy and some of the models showing their butts and constantly touching their legs, etc. was embarrassing to watch. No class. 

Frequent Contributor

Re: Amy I would only suggest wearing these to work if one works from home office

When I see leggings worn with tops that don’t cover the bum, it looks like one is half dressed.  It doesn’t matter if one is slender or not.  I have yet to see anyone in white leggings who looks good.  Longer tops with leggings is a good proportion.  

Esteemed Contributor

I heard other hosts say you can  wear these to work. I am older and thought to myself during my working days, I would have been sent home. I don't know if the same standards apply to the current work environment. These are for casual wear no matter what they say.

Valued Contributor

@elated wrote:

I heard other hosts say you can  wear these to work. I am older and thought to myself during my working days, I would have been sent home. I don't know if the same standards apply to the current work environment. These are for casual wear no matter what they say.

@elated 

Now a lot of company aloud casual wear. My company starts from Friday maybe 7 years ago and now we have weeks. More casual than not.  And leggings and not ripped jeans ok. Another story that people need to know how to dress according to their figure but this is not hosts problem.They just do job what pay for. Selling.

Respected Contributor

@DJP wrote:

That whole display with Amy and some of the models showing their butts and constantly touching their legs, etc. was embarrassing to watch. No class. 

Every time I checked in on PM Style, there the host was showing her rear and rubbing her legs.  I am old school and think some things should be left to the imagination.  I think leggings are fine but private parts should be covered. 

Trusted Contributor

I wish the hosts and vendors would stop saying "You can wear this to work."  They don't know what people can and can not -- or should not -- wear to work!   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow!!  It's disconcerning to see so many still living in the past with clothing.  Don't any of you remember the stirrup stretch pants from the 60's where shorter blouses were worn with them?

The hosts say you can wear them to work because most women could wear them to work.  I don't hear anyone complaining when the boring classic clothing is shown and a host says you can wear it to work!!  Well not if you work in a factory or outdoors or are a medical professional who must wear scrubs, etc.  Common sense says that not every piece of clothing is appropriate for everyone to wear to their workplace!

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

Those same standards do NOT really apply to the current work environment any longer.

I am still in the workforce.  I can dress any way I choose.  I would wear these to work...dressing them up to suit my style if I wanted

Many, many companies are more interested in the quality and quantity of your work than appearances.

Other companies I call on seem to have very loose or non-existent dress codes these days.

I am not saying I like it or it is proper...it just definitely IS!

Honored Contributor

If this is acceptable clothing for work, I am very happy I retired over a decade ago.