Honored Contributor

Re: American Leather Company TSV - December 11, 2023

@fairydogmother wrote:

I've occasionally tried the tactic of "throwing the little crossbody" in my big tote-"for when you just want to run into the store"🙄 I've heard this suggested by hosts, vendors. Oh man it's so awkward having another bag with a long strap tangled around everything. Then having to transfer stuff from my wallet to the crossbody and remember to put it back again. Nope 👎 Lol

@fairydogmother The only time this sort of thing works for me is when I'm at the beach.  When I'm on the beach I carry a large beach bag that holds stuff like towels, lotion, etc.  Who wants to carry that up on the boardwalk to get a snack? I'm not going to just take my wallet out and carry it in my hands....great way to lose it.

So I will bring a small crossbody (not leather for the beach) add that to the beach bag which I can leave when going up for a quick run up to the boardwalk shops.

I agree though generally why would you bring a smaller bag to put into a bigger bag?

Esteemed Contributor

I am a fan of IHKWIP bags.  I have 2 crossbody & 2 satchels. I have one American Leather with no structure at all.  The girl says they are an American company, but they are made overseas. Very deceiving.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

20231215_113946_Original.jpegI just received this bag in cordovan. I love it! It's surprisingly roomy for its size, beautiful, well made, comfortable to wear, everything I had hoped for. The only negative is the zippers are a little rough at first. As I zip and unzip, they're smoothening, Other than that, it's great! Well worth the $70 sale price. 

Occasional Contributor

@bargainsgirl I don't know what type of phone you have, but my standard size Samsung Galaxy in a slim case fits in the smaller zip compartment. Just barely, but it does.