Contributor

Re: Amazon fire tablet any thoughts about it.

I have google play store installed on my fire 8 and 10. Takes a few steps that need to be followed exactly as stated took less than 10 minutes to convert each.  Love my Fire 10HD better than my Ipad. I find it much faster.  Haven't used my Ipad since I got the fire10.  The fire 8 is slower and sits on my dock to use Alexa or for time and weather only.

Esteemed Contributor

@ladychas wrote:

My fire 10HD is much faster than my ipad mini.  Battery life is around 8-10 hours.  My ipad battery life only 3-4 hours and in comparison takes forever to start up and slow to change screens.  I also have fire 8 but would not recommend same slow response as ipad. Only good thing is longer battery life, but the fire 10 is phenomenal. Have had fire 10HD for almost a year now and no problems or issues. I also side loaded it to use google play store for apps not available in the amazon store.  Everything works as expected. 

@ladychas

Some folks have found the 2019 Fire HD 10 tablet  has gotten slow after  the last software update. This not a problem with new 2021 Fire HD 10, because it has more RAM. 

Contributor

@ladychas , Yesterday I received my TSV Fire Tablet HD 8.  This morning I installed the Google Play Store and the other apps I use using google.  I did run into a small glitch and maybe you can help.

Somehow in my Gmail I wound up with a split screen and can't figure out how to unsplit it.  I googled and what I found was for older versions or a new HD 10.  None of the options worked.  I'm not a newbie to tablets having used a Samsung for the last 5 years so now having to learn my way around the Fire.  

I still have some fine tuning to do and you may see me again asking for help.  TIA

Esteemed Contributor

@summer4me wrote:

@ladychas , Yesterday I received my TSV Fire Tablet HD 8.  This morning I installed the Google Play Store and the other apps I use using google.  I did run into a small glitch and maybe you can help.

Somehow in my Gmail I wound up with a split screen and can't figure out how to unsplit it.  I googled and what I found was for older versions or a new HD 10.  None of the options worked.  I'm not a newbie to tablets having used a Samsung for the last 5 years so now having to learn my way around the Fire.  

I still have some fine tuning to do and you may see me again asking for help.  TIA

@summer4me

I found a solution. Do a Google search. How to remove the split screen from Gmail? 

Enjoy your tablet.