Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon fire tablet any thoughts about it.

@goldensrbest do you want a 10-inch or an 8-inch tablet?  It *does* make a difference.  My hands are small, and I like an 8-inch tablet, because I can hold my iPad and type with my thumbs.  My husband has a 10-inch iPad, and it is almost impossible for me to do that with his.  If his had a case on it, I for sure wouldn't be able to do that and would have to purchase a keyboard to go with it.  (Unless I just wanted to peck with my index finger, which I do not.)

If you don't know which size you like, if possible, run over to a Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, etc., today and look at their display models.  Hold them in your hands.  The 10-inch is much easier to see, because the screen is larger, but the 8-inch is easier to hold (and can be enlarged). If you are comparing the TSV Fire to the iPad to purchase, that is like comparing apples and oranges.  The iPad display, speed, quality, seamlessness--will blow the Fire out of the water.  I've had iPads as well as Fire and android tablets, and this is my opinion.  You have to decide what you want.  Personally, I would buy the 10-inch iPad from Wal-Mart for $299 over the Fire for $87 any day of the week all day long.  Even though a bit bulker to hold, if you're not going to do a lot of typing on it, it's a no-brainer.  And if you are, you can buy a keyboard case to use with it.  You can also use talk to text, which is another option, and I do use that on my tablets and phone quite a bit.

Super Contributor

I am a casual user.  I am retired but love all of my devices.  Had Apple IPad back in 2011.  As it slowed down 6 years later, I decided to buy an Amazon fire tablet.  I bought the 7" .  Then I bought the Amazon 10" fire tablet and there is no going back.  I use this only at home.  It sits in my docking station and I love it.  When I go to my daughter's to watch my grandson, I take the Amazon 7" fire tablet.  It's lightweight and easy to grab and go.  Today's price on 8" is a good buy.  I am waiting for 10" Amazon fire tablet to go on sale ( $99).I will be buying it for my son as a Christmas present. I have tablets, echo, echo show, auto echo and fire sticks. Could you tell I love Amazon devices? Lol.

Honored Contributor

I just want a device,other than my lap top,no callingon it ,just shopping ,using the internet,not watching movies on it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I am an infrequent user, so the Amazon Tablet that I purchased years ago works fine for me. I use it primarily for when I travel, for reading of books.

It has other functions that I just don't have a need for since I have a laptop.

I don't care what they say about how great this table is, there is no comparison to an I pad, but why pay all of that extra money if it's not really needed. 

One more thought I originally started with the 7 or 8 inch tablet. I can't remember now and I upgraded to the 10 a few years back. I prefer the smaller tablet. I have small hands, so the larger tablet sometimes is a pain when i am trying to read a book. 

Super Contributor

For anyone who has a problem holding a tablet, no matter the size, I have added some Love Handles XL and/or smaller ones. They have had them on QVC, HSN, and Amazon. I have put them on for both holding my devices vertically and horizontally. There are also many covers that include some kind of handle. I don't normally have a front cover on my devices, as that doesn't help in holding my devices. It sure helps in holding any of my devices, phone, tablet, or eReader. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been an Amazon device user since the beginning ( started with first Kindle and then Fire 1 and then it was "off to the races").  I'm on Fire 18, including six or so for grand kids!  I currently use the latest Fire 8 and Fire 10 ( my hands are small so Fire 8 is light and easy for travel).  I almost always buy from Amazon on Prime Days or other similar sales (8" $45, 10" $75).  The newest 10" is expandable to 1 Tera bite (Ill never need that) but I buy 32gb and expand to 256gb.  I usually buy covers from 3rd party's for $14-$15. I buy Tozo ear buds ($30) to go with tablets.  When working my Base was all Apple all the time and then they switched to all Android; DH and I did at home at same time.  Over the years we've saved many thousands by doing this (DH prefers Samsung tablets but we all use Samsung phones as well.  By the way, my very tech savvy son bought Apple ear buds and ruined them jumping into our pool; borrowed DH's Tozos and switched to our $30 version (couldn't tell difference between that and Apple).  The only thing we don't do on our tablets is our taxes ( drag out old laptop for that).

Frequent Contributor

Run & order it now!!  I have 2 Amazon Fire tablets from HSN. One is 8" which is the TSV and a 10. Price is close to the HSN price.

I have a older home with plaster walls so putting an outlet in the bedroom will be a pain.

I just love both of them.  I can go to bed & watch anything I want.

I  have an Apple but it so old that I can't add any apps.

Don't hestitate. Great deal & Great product.

Honored Contributor

I always worry TSV electronics on QVC  are discontinued models.....

Honored Contributor

So they say 2021,i am wondering about size,compared 10 inch on amazon.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Frequent Contributor

FYSA, this table has ads when the screen is locked.