Super Contributor

I saw the presentation and they said it can access You Tube.  However, looking at the reviews on Amazon, it says it cannot access You Tube.  Which is it?

Super Contributor

Re: Amazon Show and You Tube?

[ Edited ]

This is what I found by googling it.  Has this changed?

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/26/16371292/google-youtube-amazon-echo-show

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

USA Today had an article today actually about the top 10 worst tekkie launches this year and Amazon Show was one of them.  In the write up, it stated that YouTube pulled out of the Show in October stating some kind of licensing infringement by the way it was being used.

Link

Esteemed Contributor

@vickie25 wrote:

USA Today had an article today actually about the top 10 worst tekkie launches this year and Amazon Show was one of them.  In the write up, it stated that YouTube pulled out of the Show in October stating some kind of licensing infringement by the way it was being used.

Link

USA Today's information is incorrect. YouTube has returned to the Echo Show. USA Today's list of "turkeys" left them with egg on their face. 

Super Contributor

I just heard more about this and on TV today.  Here is an article.  Looks like no You Tube for Amazon Show.  Mine will be sent back if this is the case.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/5/16738748/google-amazon-feud-youtube-pulled-off-fire-tv-echo-show-...

Honored Contributor

There has been some new developments on getting YT back on the Amazon Show device. Google is working with Amazon in some kind of agreement. this is the latest news. Stay tuned.

Esteemed Contributor

There have been more developments, and as of now things are not looking good. It seems to change frequently though.