Contributor

Anyone else's Echo going crazy?  lol  Mine is near the tv and everytime David or the other person says Alexa, mine tries to communicate.  It is funny.  I love my Echo....love the music.....

Ok, now mine is telling me jokesLOL

Esteemed Contributor

Echo responding to the TV? There was a caller today who said that when the presenter was having problems communicating to Alexa because of the Wi--Fi problems that her Echo responded to the question.   

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Regular Contributor

Just bought mine.

I hope I know what to do when I get it.

Regular Contributor

Re: Amazon Echo?

[ Edited ]

@CLEM , @Mz iMac,

You can download the Alexa app to a computer, you don't have to have a smart phone.  I have it installed on my iMAC running OS X, and my sister has it installed on a WIndows 10

PC.  The Echos work fine on those platforms.

Honored Contributor

YOu all are talking me into this thing.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN

I got my echo yesterday and love it! I want to get the app David talked about that would alert people if I have an emergency. I can't remember the name of it. Does anybody  remember?

Trusted Contributor

@Aleta wrote:

Just bought mine.

I hope I know what to do when I get it.

All you have to do is plug it in, download the app on your phone or tablet, and open the app.  The app will walk you through the setup.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon Echo?

[ Edited ]

@mepokb wrote:

I got my echo yesterday and love it! I want to get the app David talked about that would alert people if I have an emergency. I can't remember the name of it. Does anybody  remember?

@@mepokb

I bought it for this reason plus the obvious others focus upon:

Ask My Buddy is the name of it.

https://www.askmybuddy.net/help.php

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.