Respected Contributor

I got one on the initial offer and I wasn't even sure what it did.

I'm telling you, it's my favorite thing in the house. It plays my audio books, podcasts radio shows, plays music from my library on Amazon, looks up stuff, tells the weather, can work as a timer and alarm clock. I even use it as a night light (just say "Alexa" and the blue light on top illuminates enough so I can make a trip to the bathroom in the dark.) 

I just got back from vacation for a week and I asked Alexa "Did you miss me"

"I spent the time learning new things while you were away."

Good one, Alexa!

Contributor

Get it!  You won't regret it!!  I bought my first as an Amazon prime member on a invitation-only basis.  Loved her so much, I bought a second one for my bedroom from QVC.  

I use use them all the time!  For weather, music, news, alarm clock, kitchen timers, to-do list, and shopping list!  And, finally, she controls my lights via WeMo switches which I love!!  And I'm getting a new thermostat, so she can change the temperature for me!  

When you use her for all if that, she's well worth the price! 

Not it sure about the TSV, but get it, regardless!!

Honored Contributor

I recently read that Microsoft is developing their version of the Echo.  I got one in the first wave of sales last year but don't use it much.  Occasionally I'll have it play some music.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I got the Echo as one of my Christmas gifts from my husband (since i am a techie girl). I love it. I use it every day.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Contributor

I love my Echo, too!  They have some new, smaller (and cheaper) versions, too--the Spot, for example. I am not sure if you need an Echo to get a Spot, or what, but it is fun technology.

I use mine almost every day for music, weather, news, shopping lists, and as a bluetooth speaker to play Sirius radio through my phone app.  

Respected Contributor

Bluetooth from phone to Echo for Sirius--good one!

Respected Contributor

Well, hooray, it's a TSV today with custom "skins"--and ten less than the price at the 'Zon.

Very good deal.

I adore mine. I was in the "beta" group of people when it came out in 2014 and I wasn't sure what it would do but it's probably my favorite thing in the house.

I play podcasts of radio shows I like but can't listen to during broadcast time, play audio books, music, ask the weather, temperature, forecast, time, make lists, use it as a timer, an alarm clock and I even use it as a night light (If you say "Alexa", a blue ring lights up and it's just enough light to navigate to and from the bathroom)

Respected Contributor

The 'Echo' presentation with Rick was much better than the presentation shown online with Katie.  Katie's presentation with the blond woman was not impressive because they kept having to 'repeat' the request to the machine.  QVC needs to change that online to someone who knows how to work the machine to get more sales.  I was going to show the video to my husband but when I watched the presentation with the 2 women, it didn't carry the same effect as it did with Rick's presentation at midnight. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Campion wrote:

Well, hooray, it's a TSV today with custom "skins"--and ten less than the price at the 'Zon.

Very good deal.

I adore mine. I was in the "beta" group of people when it came out in 2014 and I wasn't sure what it would do but it's probably my favorite thing in the house.

I play podcasts of radio shows I like but can't listen to during broadcast time, play audio books, music, ask the weather, temperature, forecast, time, make lists, use it as a timer, an alarm clock and I even use it as a night light (If you say "Alexa", a blue ring lights up and it's just enough light to navigate to and from the bathroom)

I was a beta also. This is an interesting device. You have to subscribe to Amazon Prime to use it.

Frequent Contributor

I was in the beta group too. I love mine. You don't have to have Amazon Prime to use it but to get the most out of it, you do. That's an addtional $100/year but for me, it's worth it. I don't know how much of a "deal" this is since it's only $10 less than Amazon charges.