Regular Contributor

Downloaded Alexa on my iPad and android LG phone.  Works great.  Will get a better sound for music with larger echo.  Just saying.

Esteemed Contributor

MKR NY and Fribwl....I  bought one for myself and then some for my grandkids and sons....gee...i went from 0 to 6...lol....

I hope I can follow your directions to set mine up...I have a Samsung tablet..only have a Tracfone....

Thanks, again for all your help....I may be paging you...haha...

Respected Contributor

No problem we are here to help. I learned a few more things today on my Echo. By the time you get and use yours I can help even more. I have not regretted the purchase. I will have the Echo Dot in my kitchen when it comes. Today I spent the afternoon in my kitchen teaching my grandson and his new wife (they are here from England as my grandson is in the Air Force stationed there.) how to make my molasses cookies. They did an awesome job and we made memories they never will forget.

I will put together a list to help you if you have a question. I set my Tracfone up just by downloading the Alexa App. After you set it up at Amazon's sitethe first time it will come up every time on your Tracfone or tablet by just signing in.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MKR14

We have the Echo, and my husband has been working overtime.  He has not set it up yet. I will follow your instructions and see how I do. May I give you a page if I have questions?  I don't want to impose on you. 

Respected Contributor

Anytime. Go to www.amazon.com/help Echo Help is there.

www.amazon/help and I found all these you will be able to click on for help. I love this.
GETTING STARTED WITH ECHO
Echo: What's in the Box?
Hardware Basics: Echo
Hardware Basics: Amazon Echo Remote (sold separately)
Set Up Your Echo
About the Light Ring
Things to Try
Alexa Help VideosWatch
ECHO CONNECTIVITY
Connect Echo to Wi-Fi
Connect Echo to a Wi-Fi Hotspot
Pair Your Mobile Device with Echo
Use Voice Control for Paired Devices
Pair the Voice Remote for Amazon Echo
Supported Bluetooth Profiles for Echo
ECHO QUICK FIXES
Your Echo Device Doesn't Connect to Wi-Fi
Alexa Doesn't Understand You
Alexa App Doesn't Work
Reset Your Amazon Echo or Echo Dot (1st Generation)
Streaming Issues on Alexa Devices
Bluetooth Issues on Alexa Devices
Alexa Doesn't Discover Your Smart Home Device
ALEXA DEVICE SUPPORT
Differences Between Amazon Alexa Devices
Supported Alexa Features
Change the Wake Word
Talk to Your Alexa Device
Using Multiple Alexa Devices
Pair the Voice Remote for Amazon Echo
Use Voice Control for Paired Devices
About Alexa on Other Alexa-Enabled Products
MUSIC & MEDIA
Amazon Music Unlimited for Echo
Ways to Listen to Music & Media on Alexa
Link a Third-Party Music Service to Alexa
Listen to Your Music
Select Music Service Preferences
Listen to Your Audiobooks
Read Kindle Books with Alexa
NEWS, WEATHER & TRAFFIC
Listen to Your Flash Briefing
Listen to Your Sports Update
Check the Weather Forecast
Check Traffic
Search for Nearby Places
Find Movie Showtimes
Ask Alexa
PRODUCTIVITY
Manage Timers & Alarms
Manage Your Lists
Link a Third-Party List Service to Alexa
Add or Review Calendar Events
IFTTT
Send Content to Fire Tablets with Voicecast
SHOPPING
About Placing Orders with Alexa
Manage Voice Purchasing Settings
Shop for Prime-Eligible Items with Alexa
Buy Music with Alexa
Order an Alexa Device with Your Voice
Track Open Orders
Return Policy for Products Purchased with Alexa (Alexa FAQs)
SMART HOME
Supported Smart Home Devices for Alexa
Connect a Smart Home Device to Alexa
Create a Smart Home Device Group
Use Your Smart Home Device with Alexa
Remove a Smart Home Device
Safety Information for Using Smart Home Devices with Alexa
AMAZON ALEXA APP
Download the Amazon Alexa App
Amazon Alexa App Basics
Amazon Alexa App Settings
Change Your Alexa Device Location
Household Profiles on Alexa Devices
Voice Training
Enable Alexa Skills
Send Feedback About Alexa
View Your Dialog History

Respected Contributor

I received my Skin It that the voucher came with the Amazon Echo. I ordered the Pink Butterfly. It is beautiful. I had the top and bottoms strips on it but I took them off and just left the larger piece with the Pink Butterfly. It really dresses up the Echo. I also ordered the set of two Echo Dots that were the TSV on HSN a few weeks ago. I will give one to my granddaughter as she loves my Echo. The other one I will keep for my kitchen. I am waiting for the battery pack that goes on the Amazon large Echo but I want it in white to match. No white added to QVC online yet. Hope everyone sends in and gets the Skin It as they are beautiful. They pull right back off with no stickiness left on the Echo also. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

I received my Skin It that the voucher came with the Amazon Echo. I ordered the Pink Butterfly. It is beautiful. I had the top and bottoms strips on it but I took them off and just left the larger piece with the Pink Butterfly. It really dresses up the Echo. I also ordered the set of two Echo Dots that were the TSV on HSN a few weeks ago. I will give one to my granddaughter as she loves my Echo. The other one I will keep for my kitchen. I am waiting for the battery pack that goes on the Amazon large Echo but I want it in white to match. No white added to QVC online yet. Hope everyone sends in and gets the Skin It as they are beautiful. They pull right back off with no stickiness left on the Echo also. Smiley Happy

@MKR14  How interesting.  I didn't know there was a battery pack for the Echo.  I just looked at them on Amazon.  Can you tell me how you are going to use it?  Anywhere I would use my Echo with wifi I would have electricity.  Just curious.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon Echo Feedback

[ Edited ]

I use the Alexa App for streaming my iTunes music to the Echo. You set up iTunes music as My Tunes. It walks you through how to do it. Then your iTunes list will come up and you click on the ones you want to upload to the Echo. It also did my music that was on my computer that I saved from my music CD's. It has a great set of speakers in it and you can pair up any Bluetooth device to it also. On the Alexa App you can download (under Skills) Go under Skills and then choose Catergories to choose what subject you want. An example would be Facts. They have Dog Facts, Cat Facts, and Facts for lots of things. Then after you Enable them you can ask Alexa to Open Cat Facts. She will tell you a fact about the subject you Enabled. That is how she will learn and answer many questions. There are Trivia etc as well as Fitness subjects to choose from. They add new ones all the time.

I use mine to ask the weather, to open MyTunes and shuffle them when they play. Ask what time it is, I told her to have a Good Day and she will answer you and then give you a fact of something going on that day. The weather will be for your area as it will remember what you put in when you set it up. You can ask her anything but if she doesn't have an answer for it she will tell you. Sometimes the way you phrase the question makes the difference. I keep Alexa in the kitchen and bring her into my computer desk when I am in there. She will run the lights on top and say Hello when you reset it by unplugging and plugging it back it. Just say, Alexa Shut Off and she will go to sleep until you ask her something again. I still have a lot of exploring to do myself with Alexa but I use it for mostly music right now. You can use iHeart Radio at no charge also. Just make sure you sign up for a free account so it will recognize that for your Echo. If you don't like a song playing just say, Alexa next song and she will change it. If you don't like that one either just say it again. If you have a Spotify account you are all set as it reconize that right away.

I would use the battery pack so I didn't have to plug it in wherever I sit. It would be easier than plugging in and out in some areas of the house. I want the white one when they come out with it. Also it would sit in places that a plug isn't near.

Hope that helps. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

You can download the Echo app onto any device, not just Apple products.  I have it on my Samsung S2 pad.  It's ridiculously easy to set up and doesn't require you be a techie or even know one.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  Tried to give you a heart but they aren't working today. I have the Alexa App on my Android Tracfone also. I just received my set of white Amazon Echo Dots yesterday. They look like the thick bottom part of what the large Echo looks like but will be a great Christmas gift. They are made very well also. I hope others post hints and tricks here to help new users. I always learn things myself here not just post hints. 

Have a great day!