Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon Alexa, or Suri or who ever! I don;t need one!

I am not electronically smart, but, there are certain electronic items I'm interested in. I bought the Echo last summer, shocked my husband and myself. I use it all the time. I also bought the Ring door bell, love it. I may not always agree with or like all electronics, but, it is the future. Good or bad. 

Respected Contributor

Does Alexa do windows and clean toilets?  Until she does, I'm not buying it. I think she is a little creepy.  I don't want her listening to conversations with my husband and the cats. Yes, I talk to my cats....in baby talk. 

If you buy it, enjoy it. 

Honored Contributor

WELL THEN DON'T buy one!  You don't NEED most of the things in today's houses like washers, dryers, dishwashers, vacuums, etc.  Don't fall for it.  Don't buy this stuff!  

Honored Contributor

I kept going around and around trying to figure out why I would ever need one these gadgets. I never came up with one single reason so I did not buy one. Heck, I don't even own a cell phone. Why would I need Alexa?Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

If you buy it, enjoy it. 

I did, and I do!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

WELL THEN DON'T buy one!  You don't NEED most of the things in today's houses like washers, dryers, dishwashers, vacuums, etc.  Don't fall for it.  Don't buy this stuff!  

Snarky response....You don't need a washer, dryer, dishwasher or vacuum?  Don't think I'll be paying a visit to your home anytime soon......

Respected Contributor

I don't have a washer or dryer and still live a Rich and full life.

I do have an Echo and I love it.
Respected Contributor

I was invited to try the Echo when it came out and I was surprised that it became my favorite electronic device, surpassing my Kindle.

I use the voice activation to get the weather, set my alarm, tell what time it is in the middle of the night, and play music and audiobooks. It's replaced my nightstand clock and I even use it as a nightlight--if you say "Alexa" the blue ring light comes on, enough light to get to the bathroom in the dark...

Occasional Contributor

Don't knock it. My elderly father has Macular Degeration so he can't see TV, clocks or much of anything people take for granted. With Alexa he can get the weather, set his alarm clock, add things to the grocery list (which I access on my phone) and other things he wouldn't be able to take care of. 

Occasional Contributor

My Dad, who is almost totally blind, cannot. You should be thankful you don't NEED this device, whether you want it or not.