Frequent Contributor

I'm not getting any feedback where I posted this before, so i'll ask it here, so I can decide. Was going to order the TSV in Amazing Grace. Haven't used the EDP for years so read reviews. After the awful reviews I'm really hesitant to order it! They complain the scent has changed and it has no staying power.  Can any of you offer your opinions?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazing Grace EDP opinions?

I agree that it has changed—and I no longer like it. I really love Baby Grace (I ordered the TSV is it) and I like a Pure Grace, too. Fresh Cream is nice, but I don’t care for Ballet Rose or Nude Rose. It’s too bad about Amazing Grace.

Trusted Contributor

@joanluvz I purchased this last year and the staying power is non-existant.  To add to that the spray function did not work leaving me with 3/4 of a bottle of scent remaining.  Had to pry lid off with pliers and just dab it on.  Will not purchase again.

Super Contributor

I would love it if they would send an occaisional sample. As tempted as I am to order I have no idea what these scents are really like. They are on the Q so often they could throw in a sample now and then.

Respected Contributor

@joanluvz I have the AG EDP and the scent lasts all day. I get compliments when wearing it and can smell it on my clothes days later when doing laundry. 

Regular Contributor

@joanluvz I actually purchased a set very similiar to this last winter and was very happy with the body cream, EDP and shower gel. IMO I thought the EDP was spot on to what I had used many years ago. HTH!

Regular Contributor

I work with a woman who wears AG daily & it smells lovely. I turned her onto it 9 yrs ago after she asked what I was wearing. However, it started losing staying power with me about 3 yrs ago. I don’t know what happened.

I still use Baby Grace & order the Christmas TSV every year. I’ve never had an issue with the scent disappearing, and it takes me a while to use everything. For example, I still have a little under 1/2 of the body cream left & it smells great...not rancid at all.
Super Contributor

I can't tell you how many years I have been wearing Amazing Grace.  My sister calls it my signature scent.  She said she loved that her babies smelled like it after I had been holding them.  The oldest is soon turning 17, so it has been a long time!  

I do not smell my own perfume and one never should.  If you can smell yourself all day, you are probably wearing too much.  My nose is used to the scent, but I never fail to get compliments.  It can be at lunch or the end of the day.  A barista I would see on occasion would look up and pay attention to my face instead of my coffee order just because of Amazing Grace.  She loved the scent and decided she had to have some.  Our UPS driver at work finally asked me one day what scent I was wearing, and said he wanted to get some for his wife.  I could go on and on.  And my clothes definitely smell yummy at the end of the day. 

I know there have been a lot of complaints about philosophy changing the formula, but I never noticed.  

Frequent Contributor

I have worn AG EDP for years, and receive compliments often. I do layer with the body lotion.It is my signature fragrance! Love it!

Respected Contributor

My son said he didn’t realize Amazing Grace was perfume. He just thought that’s how I smell.