Super Contributor

I have been watching the Wen TSV presentation today. I love my Wen, but am I the only one who thinks that most of the blondes look better with some gold or warmth in their hair color?  I color my hair blonde (I have a lot of white hair around my face, naturally).  My hairdresser used to use purple shampoo after my color to take out some of the "brassy tones".  I was never happy with my color until I started telling her I wanted some gold in my hair.  She finally got the color I had been asking for.  She never liked golden highlights.   I already have white hair that I think makes me look a lot older than I am.  I think adding some warmth to my color also warms up my complexion.

Am I the only one who likes gold highlights?  

Trusted Contributor

I think Chaz's hair looks better in his before. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Am I the only one?

[ Edited ]

@lavenderfields   Yes, I too believe that gold (not brassy/red) warms up the blonde.  Try Naturtint Wheat Germ....a very natural blonde with subtle gold highlighting.  It contains no ammonia and is a very gentle hair color, yet permanent.  Very pretty for those looking for a more natural look with a bit of glisten.

Esteemed Contributor

@lavenderfields 

There's a big difference between gold tones and hair that is yellowing (due to time, water, heat, etc).

Brassyness is not attractive or youthful.

The WEN INDIGO is entirely controllable by the user.  Just wash and rinse without any extra time on the hair .... or intensify the effect by leaving it on for 20-40-or more minutes.

Chaz applies heat to his to get the stronger effect that still shows up under studio lights.

Valued Contributor

I think the Indigo makes everyone's hair look blue and dull and washes out them out, even Chaz . I like a little gold in my blond hair.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@lavenderfields 

There's a big difference between gold tones and hair that is yellowing (due to time, water, heat, etc).

Brassyness is not attractive or youthful.

The WEN INDIGO is entirely controllable by the user.  Just wash and rinse without any extra time on the hair .... or intensify the effect by leaving it on for 20-40-or more minutes.

Chaz applies heat to his to get the stronger effect that still shows up under studio lights.

@x Hedge 

Pretty obvious that Chaz is in town isn't it.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@x Hedge 

It's bewildering! Like some sort of bizarre tradition.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@x Hedge 

It's bewildering! Like some sort of bizarre tradition.

@x Hedge 

Good way to describe it.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Frequent Contributor

for those that don't like the Indigo factor, the regular WEN Bella Spirit Cleansing Conditioner (with no toner) gives the same great results except for the icy effect.

QVC has a set of both Bella Spirit CC versions in 32 oz each, for $69 for the set.  they are both available on Chaz's website individually, for $80 each.

I opted for the TSV since I already have both the regular & Indigo BS CC, but imo, two 32-oz Bella Spirit CCs for $69 is a good deal. Woman Happy