Super Contributor

Re: Always the same thing from philosophy

While the kit looks nice it's too expensive. They discontinued my favorite fragrance of Inner Grace. So I won't be buying anything today.

Regular Contributor

Here's what I don't understand: people will buy the TSV and in a week or so, the threads will start appearing saying "there's hardly any scent at all" or "I was so disappointed at the lack of fragrance" etc etc. And they'll also say "I'll keep it because it's too expensive to send back."

So, Philosophy gets all these sales and think everything is great, however the customers really aren't happy but don't send it back so Philosophy can see the returns and figure out that people weren't happy with the product.

It's always the same. If people just quit buying the product in the first place, Philosophy might get the message that something's wrong.

Honored Contributor

This is the same set they did about a year ago. I ordered it (FIL) and ended up sending it back. The EDP had absolutely no staying power and a very odd scent to begin with. It definitely wasn't an EDP, regardless of what they said. I still had an older bottle of FIL EDP and the one in this kit was very watery.

The scrub and the cream were underwhelming.

There were a lot of negative reviews about it at the time. Maybe they're sorted it out by now, but I stopped buying any of these kits from QVC. It seems, when they do TSVs in such huge quantities, quality suffers. I just wait for philosophy to have a sale on their own website and buy items individually. JMHO.

I wonder how the host's can honestly say how great the product is??????? When Coty bought out ""Philosophy"" it has never been the same. It is so sad for me because I loved ""Amazing Grace"" and ""Baby Grace"" but not anymore. Why won't anyone listen to your customers?
Respected Contributor

Just want to say I am enjoying these responses on here. I am not even going to add mine everyone has summed up my thoughts along with giving me something to smile about. Thanks everyone.

Frequent Contributor

As Barnum said- there's one born every minute!
Super Contributor

On 4/5/2015 Yammy25 said:

We are totally being overdosed with Philosophy since they became a part of the team a few years back.

It can get sickening even if you love the products.

I can't watch any more.

Can't we all sell the items by now, got every sales pitch memorized ???

STOP the SUDS bowl !!!!!!!!

Just a coincidence, but today, between visiting, food shopping and watching a movie, each time I checked out the Q, Philosophy was on, lol. Her hands must be shriveled by now!

Honored Contributor

On 4/5/2015 Shelbelle said:

Take your pick, Philosophy or 24 hours of Invicta watches on EVINE!!!

OMG, do they still sell Invicta? Does this company own evine ,ShopNBC, or what ever it used to be?

Trusted Contributor

I'm with you all. It is a very unexciting bunch of stuff.
Super Contributor

They don't even need new products, just start showing other products they already have! Like what happened to Jill's "can't live without" Retinol pads? Remember the liquid retinol you poured into the pads? And what about The Present, a primer I loved? Or that tinted SPF .....called the Promise (maybe....it's been awhile!) I'll bet my bottom dollar that the shower gels have the highest profit margin which is why we are subjected to them endlessly......