Trusted Contributor

Re: All TSV's on Advance Order

It's possible it's still because of that ship being turned sideways.  But QVC was definitely being sneaky about telling us until after we ordered.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with everything you said.  My money is not going to be tied up for a month.  Other vendors give you a cancel option.  Yes, you can cancel these advance orders but there are other orders that take forever that go in Process and you can't.  

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  I understand what you are saying and maybe the blame needs to go to Denim & Co they have had this order since the 29th of May with no communications.  It was in process for days then backorder back to process and now back to backorder.   I am not in a hurry but would appreciate some information on when they plan to ship my order.  I have never been a big fan of QVC letting the vendors ship orders to us, they don't seem to appreciate our business, and seem to have a tendency to sell more than they have, and then its catch-up time while the customer waits patiently. I would not be surprised to get an email it is canceled at this point.

Honored Contributor

@Silkeej    I got my TSV skimmers today; did you get yours? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

No, still waiting but it says preparing orders. Heart

Honored Contributor

I ordered a top a day or two ago.  It was in stock.  Then the next day it was back ordered.  I went to the item to see if there was another color in my size, and guess what?  The top, in my size, was available and listed as IN STOCK, although it was still back ordered in my order list.

Now that is bizarre.  It stayed back ordered until I canceled it a minute ago, while the one I ordered later (same top same size) is NOT back ordered, but processing!  

Holy smoke what are they smoking?  Or has their main computer system been hacked?  Software crashed?  None of this makes sense. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I plan to order an item, I use the website so I can look up reviews. They will state online if it is an advance order and show the shipping date. I do not use advance order or waitlist. Because I live in California, it usually take 8-10 days to receive after shipping unless it is shipped from inside California ( not often). I am in control of my buying. I just need good, upfront information to make a decision.

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@MM13 

Those cancelled orders are available after the tsv but at a higher price.  I wanted the Belle Beach tsv in the star pattern and it was sold out on the tsv day.  Now its available but at a higher price.

@Catch71    I don't know that it's available because mine hasn't shipped but they're probably expecting a shipment to arrive soon.  If you really want it, order it.  There's usually not that much difference in price. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

While some of the delays may be covid-related, I just don't believe they all are.  I think QVC is using advance orders to manage its inventory, which has an effect on its financials.  The less inventory, the better the financial statement looks.  This is why many products are shipped directly from the manufacturer.  QVC only reports cash flow in its financials.  With garments, retailers like QVC can usually return/reject a certain percentage to the manufacturer.  So if it doesn't sell, maybe they don't take delivery. This is a possibility.

Because the delayed shipments are ridiculous.  We just have no idea when things will arrive.  I remember a time when QVC deliveries worked like clockwork.  I used to receive my orders four days after I placed them.  Now, I have no idea 

Honored Contributor

"This dress is so new it won't be shipped until July 17."   

"You can wear this dress all year-round!"

We're supposed to be happy about that?  I won't buy any warm weather fashions from QVC any more this year unless it's just a better than fantastic price, and I plan on wearing it next summer.

July 17, then it sits in "preparing your order" status for another 3 weeks, and then taking a 4th week to complete it's journey [unless it goes on backorder by then].  Happy Labor Day!