Valued Contributor

Re: All TSV's on Advance Order

I found this out before Mother's Day when cuddle duds had a great pajama set as the TSV. I wanted one sent to my sister in Florida but the ship date would never make it there in time.. I believe it was 10 days before Mother's Day that this TSV became available. Then wouldn't ship until I think May 10. I did not notice thatUntil I was checking to see if my orders had shipped. I had to cancel 4  different orders because they would never make it in time. My daughter even told me she had ordered one for me for Mother's Day, and canceled it as well

Trusted Contributor

@erica g Exactly they are selling what they do not have in stock. 

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

It is elsewhere. With other QVC products. With other companies. This past month I've had delays, some with longer than two week durations, with QVC,  Amazon, Wayfair, and Kohl's.

Seems we've become such an instant gratification society. I was always taught that patience is a virtue.

@Etoile308 remember the olden days when mail order items stated 6 to 8 weeks for delivery?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 My order is coming on the 25th of the month. You can go onto the website right now and order and they are saying they are in stock. Very misleading, it's only after you order you find out it's on advanced order. They do know what they are doing they are selling merchandise they do not have in stock. it's a win-win for both QVC and Denim and Co. When I ordered sorry but I did not hear advanced order ship on the 15th. Whether you want to admit it or not QVC has big problems with stock and shipping.

Honored Contributor

@Silkeej   Let me put it this way.  QVC plans TSVs months, possibly a year in advance.  A manufacturer say Item A will be in the warehouse June 1st, the day it's planned to be the TSV.  There are shipping problems off the California coast and a freighter must wait 2 weeks to unload its cargo which includes Item A.  This problem is common and can't be anticipated.  What should QVC do?  Also keep in mind that covid is still raging in many countries causing manufacturing delays.  They have no choice but to call it "backorder" and ask you to wait. 

Many large retailers aren't even ordering new merchandise due to these problems.  I've had delays (up to 30 days) from other online retailers.  There are complaints here about old merchandise in stores.  If you want new, you may have to wait. 

QVC does poorly with communications, always has and hasn't improved.

Stores do better because they must have merchandise on hand in order to sell it so if you're in a hurry, you might try a b&m store. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

My guess also is that they can't change days for presenting the TSVs because usually a lot of the day's programming is centered around the TSV. For example on Mondays it's usually a fashion item, Tuesday is usually beauty. It's probably easier for them to present it on backorder than re-arrange the whole schedule with guests and presenters. 

Respected Contributor

@MM13 

Those cancelled orders are available after the tsv but at a higher price.  I wanted the Belle Beach tsv in the star pattern and it was sold out on the tsv day.  Now its available but at a higher price.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not having any trouble with Macy's.  If it's on their website, it ships quickly.   I'm not playing this QVC game of not telling us up front.  I don't want summer clothing in the middle of July.  

Trusted Contributor

No I do t remember mail order items taking 6-8 weeks.  Ever.  Patience is not a virtue in this case.   I'm not ordering.  I'm buying elsewhere now. 

Trusted Contributor

No.  I ordered things they did not have in print or say they were advance order until you ordered them.  That's a fact. I think now there is so much backlash about it that they are being more up front.