Super Contributor

Re: All TSV's on Advance Order

I remember Gary from Denim & Co. saying that they plan the TSVs a YEAR in advance! I was surprised to hear that.

The thing that is bad for QVC about the advanced orders is that we can cancel those impulse purchases before they start to process it, unlike the ones they start to process within the day. I mean, I'm sure someone else might come and scoop up those canceled items, but still...

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@minimalistWF wrote:

@decaf  They are not making these TSVs to order after the TSV air dates, so this is not the reason for the advance order.  The TSVs are planned months and months in advance, with materials being purchased, production planned, then allowing for shipping to a warehouse, etc.  

I think there are overall supply chain delays that seem to have hit QVC.  I think they should delay the TSV until the item is available.  This advance order thing is ridiculous.  By the time people get their items, summer will be nearly over and they will be pushing all the stuff for fall.

I agree the advance order thing is ridiculous, also they seem to downplay the fact that it's an advance order in the presentations.

I'm still not convinced these advance orders aren't planned.  I never said the materials were not already purchased and production not planned.  In fact, the manufacturer has probably already made and shipped most of the garments but the final order won't be made until right after the TSV date when QVC knows the exact number of orders. 

It's a substantial savings for QVC and the vendor to do it this way because they're left with zero excess inventory. Also, It's cheaper for them to just cancel some customer's orders if the items don't arrive in a timely manner.  Unfortunately, I think many sellers, including QVC, are "training" us that this way of doing business is perfectly acceptable. 

About six months ago I ordered an item from a Chinese seller on Ebay and I only ordered it because I was in no rush for it.  I was really surprised when arrived in about 10 days( to Florida). It was mailed from China.  I'm not saying there can't be problems in the supply chain, I just don't want to do business with companies who think it's just fine to take customers' money for products they don't have.

Respected Contributor

But QVC isn't taking your money. Not until an item ships. And yes, they are losing purchases because of the delays. It benefits no one to have delays. Does anyone think a company wants dissatisfied customers?

Have we forgotten we were warned the blockage at the Suez Canal would cause delays and disruptions for months? On top of a pandemic.

Trusted Contributor

@Etoile308  I could be mistaken but I always thought QVC puts a "hold" for the money (a pending charge) on your credit card until the order is shipped.  Some people can't afford to have their money tied up by pending charges.

Contributor

I believe a lot of manufacturers are still dealing with the aftereffects of the international shipping lanes being shut down because of that sideways ship that was stuck for weeks....

I can't say for sure that it's impacting the Q's TSVs, but I think it's fair to say that Q would fix it if they could with the amount of new customers they supposedly have due to Covid and home shopping exploding.

Super Contributor

I get that, delays in the supply chain but why does it appear this is only a QVC issue? Not elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is elsewhere. With other QVC products. With other companies. This past month I've had delays, some with longer than two week durations, with QVC,  Amazon, Wayfair, and Kohl's.

Seems we've become such an instant gratification society. I was always taught that patience is a virtue.

Honored Contributor

@Silkeej wrote:

I notice that you can order while the item is being presented in stock but when you check your order later it says advanced order.  That happened with the Denim & Co skimmers that were a TSV.  I think the Q is experiencing lots of problems from stock to shipping. Whoever is in charge should be looking for a new job when you deal with as many customers as the Q does and you have this many complaints someone is asleep at the wheel. Much smaller companies do a better job than the Q. Such a shame.

@Silkeej    They clearly announced during the presentation that the D&C pants were on advanced order and would ship 6/15.  I heard it myself. 

They know exactly what they're doing and have to make drastic adjustments under difficult conditions. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@erica g wrote:
I have noticed that alot of the TSV's are now being sold on Advance Order. For Example, Jason Wu TSV ships 6/19 today is 6/4. The Kim Gravel TSV this weekend does not shop until 6/30. Why offer something if it's on backorder the day of the TSV? Isn't that pretty much like offering a TSV all day on wait-list? This never was the case. I get supply chain issues, but this sure seems to be happening more times than not. It does make me think /hit pause and think do I really want to order this, wait two weeks for it to ship and then a week to be delivered???

@erica g Tonight's Patricia Nash TSV already shipped.

Super Contributor

Glad THIS TSV shipped on time! 🙂 I can think of at least 5 that were on Advanced Order. The fact that it is shipping on time just proves my point....no rhyme or reason