Super Contributor
I have noticed that alot of the TSV's are now being sold on Advance Order. For Example, Jason Wu TSV ships 6/19 today is 6/4. The Kim Gravel TSV this weekend does not shop until 6/30. Why offer something if it's on backorder the day of the TSV? Isn't that pretty much like offering a TSV all day on wait-list? This never was the case. I get supply chain issues, but this sure seems to be happening more times than not. It does make me think /hit pause and think do I really want to order this, wait two weeks for it to ship and then a week to be delivered???
Honored Contributor

Re: All TSV's on Advance Order

@erica g   I think it happens because when the TSV was scheduled the vendor's manufacturer promised delivery.  By the time they didn't perform, it was too late to reschedule.

same thing locally where I buy--   Not nearly the same inventory was used to be available.  Far more empty floor space even I. The few stores that are open and only occasional racks are tightly filled.

Respected Contributor

@erica g wrote:
I have noticed that alot of the TSV's are now being sold on Advance Order. For Example, Jason Wu TSV ships 6/19 today is 6/4. The Kim Gravel TSV this weekend does not shop until 6/30. Why offer something if it's on backorder the day of the TSV? Isn't that pretty much like offering a TSV all day on wait-list? This never was the case. I get supply chain issues, but this sure seems to be happening more times than not. It does make me think /hit pause and think do I really want to order this, wait two weeks for it to ship and then a week to be delivered???

What is the Kim Gravel TSV?  There's a thread about it but nobody knows what it is.

Super Contributor

The TSV number is listed on the thread about the TSV
Trusted Contributor

I think it's because Qvc doesn't want to be left with unsold merchandise and now the vendors don't wan to be left with unsold merchandise either.

Super Contributor

A398616, Kim Gravel TSV
Super Contributor

I can see that...this little tactic is making me save $$$
Super Contributor

@decaf  They are not making these TSVs to order after the TSV air dates, so this is not the reason for the advance order.  The TSVs are planned months and months in advance, with materials being purchased, production planned, then allowing for shipping to a warehouse, etc.  

I think there are overall supply chain delays that seem to have hit QVC.  I think they should delay the TSV until the item is available.  This advance order thing is ridiculous.  By the time people get their items, summer will be nearly over and they will be pushing all the stuff for fall.

Honored Contributor

@erica g   You obviously don't get supply chain issues.  They must order these TSVs months, actually up to a year in advance.  There are many manufacturing delays in countries where clothing is made.  As things are now, it would be very difficult to accurately pinpoint an accurate date of arrival.  What would you do in this case?  They're not going to cancel a TSV and gum up that schedule for the year so they put it on "backorder".  

I think they're doing darn well to get things in the US ready to ship to customers as expediously as they do. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I notice that you can order while the item is being presented in stock but when you check your order later it says advanced order.  That happened with the Denim & Co skimmers that were a TSV.  I think the Q is experiencing lots of problems from stock to shipping. Whoever is in charge should be looking for a new job when you deal with as many customers as the Q does and you have this many complaints someone is asleep at the wheel. Much smaller companies do a better job than the Q. Such a shame.