QVC Community

Re: All Day Q & A with Team WEN on 9/5!

SAM is a good formula, it's very universal and will work well for all hair types. 1 pump is not enough though, over time dirt and oil is going to build up. For guys with typical short hair out of the 16oz bottle 6-8 pumps is about right. If it's super short, he may be able to go down to 4-5, but we suggest 6-8 in general. Because he has dealt with acne on the scalp, he may find the Cucumber Aloe works a little better, but if he is happy with the SAM, no reason to change formulas.

@beach-mom wrote:

Hi - I have a question about what to get my 20 year old son. This summer he had mild acne on his scalp (his dermatologist noticed it and gave him a topical treatment that has already cleared it). Even though his hair is not really oily, he would shampoo it and that same day it would start to look greasy. I gave him a 16-oz. SAM, told him to use one pump, rinse, repeat, and leave in about a teaspoonful. He loved it and took it back to college with him. Should he be using another formula? Is the regime I told him about OK? Thank you!

New Contributor

I think I might not have used enough then. I was a big conservative with the product. OK, I'll follow that more to the instructions. I had the Almond Mint. I have a lot of hair but it's fine. What would you suggest?

I'm wishing I could drive up to LA (I'm in Temecula) and have a consultation and services at the salon w/ Chaz!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chaz, Joanne Cooper and Teamwen,

Thanks for this beyond awesome TSV. I received my four already.  Really excited about the news of the NYC flagship shop.   I was wondering will anyone from Teamwen be relocating to NYC/east Coast?

Thanks Chaz for fighting to bring all the Fall oils and RTM's to the Q too.

Have a great TSV day/visit. Will be glued to the TV all day as usual.

QVC Community

Chrissymarie, Scent is really more of a personal preference. We'd recommend the WEN Kid's formulas because you have three to choose from and all the formulas are for all hair types. I'm partial to Apple myself. If you're looking into getting a TSV's we recommend SAM. The scent of that one is light and fresh. And the formula itself won't weigh down your toddler's hair.

@Chrissymarie wrote:
This TSV is awesome! My toddler has curly hair and hates having her hair washed. Which scent would work best for her curls and have the best scent?

QVC Community

Suzy, for the curls you need moisture so out of all the TSV options we recommend Fig. It's super moisturizing and is a great choice for dry Arizona air as well.

@Suzy93 wrote:

I'm a Latina with natural curly hair, I would like to know what do u recommend for my hair and I live in Arizona. 

QVC Community

Bree I think you should stick with SAM. It's the most universal and will work well. Other good choices for fine hair are Lavender which will help give you some volume. If oiliness is a concern at all, go for Cucumber Aloe.

@BreeLee wrote:

I think I might not have used enough then. I was a big conservative with the product. OK, I'll follow that more to the instructions. I had the Almond Mint. I have a lot of hair but it's fine. What would you suggest?

I'm wishing I could drive up to LA (I'm in Temecula) and have a consultation and services at the salon w/ Chaz!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just wanted to say that last year I lost all my hair due to chemo. My sister gifted me with Wen Summer Honey Peach for Christmas and I haven't looked back. Recently she got me the new pumpkin. Nothing but Wen CC has touched my hair since!! I LOVE it!!

I got the TSV in Teatree (my scalp is really dry thank you cancer drugs, and winter in NC is not going to help) though I've tried none of the other products. I have a feeling it's going to be a bit of trial and error, but if anything can tame my baby fine "pinky finger" curls as they grow back out, and deal with my hair changing color as it grows out (it's going in layers through brown and dark and reddish brown) without damaging it then bring it on!

I wish I could go to Chaz's salon and get a professional opinion, but I'll figure it out Smiley Happy

Thank you!!

Contributor

Please advise the benefits of the Tea Tree Mousse. I have been using Lavender.

Thanks

QVC Community

We haven't gotten that far along in the planning for NYC, so nothing definitive to report just yet.

@ANewHue wrote:

Hi Chaz, Joanne Cooper and Teamwen,

Thanks for this beyond awesome TSV. I received my four already.  Really excited about the news of the NYC flagship shop.   I was wondering will anyone from Teamwen be relocating to NYC/east Coast?

Thanks Chaz for fighting to bring all the Fall oils and RTM's to the Q too.

Have a great TSV day/visit. Will be glued to the TV all day as usual.

QVC Community

The tea tree oil and the replenishing mist in this TSV are going to be great help in taming your hair as it grows out Smiley Happy You can use a few drops of the oil to keep the ends hydrated after cleasing or sleep with it on to treat from scalp to ends. The RTM you can mist anytime you need to smooth out or control any flyaways or trouble spots.

@Suzzy wrote:

Just wanted to say that last year I lost all my hair due to chemo. My sister gifted me with Wen Summer Honey Peach for Christmas and I haven't looked back. Nothing but Wen CC has touched my hair since!! I LOVE it!!

I got the TSV in Teatree (my scalp is really dry thank you cancer drugs) though I've tried none of the other products. I have a feeling it's going to be a bit of trial and error, but if anything can tame my baby fine "pinky finger" curls as they grow back out, and deal with my hair changing color as it grows out (it's going in layers through brown and dark and reddish brown) without damaging it then bring it on!

I wish I could go to Chaz's salon and get a professional opinion, but I'll figure it out Smiley Happy

Thank you!!