Regular Contributor

Algenist is Not Cruelty Free

Saddly, Algenist still tests on animals. Probably because they sell their brand in China, a country that requires animal testing.  

If this is important to you, you should know. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Algenist is Not Cruelty Free

I frequently see this brand at Marshall's at very reduced prices.

Super Contributor

Thank you for the info! It's important to me~
Honored Contributor

@Cali Bag Lady  Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad yes, important.  Thank you,

Valued Contributor

Thank you for posting this.

Respected Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

Its also available on Wal-Mart and Amazon websites.........

Regular Contributor

@sann wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

Its also available on Wal-Mart and Amazon websites.........

@sannI hope this is worth mentioning, but of the 61 Algenist items listed on the Walmart web site, only 1 is actually sold & shipped by Walmart. 

The rest are sold & shipped by 3rd party sellers, so it gives the "illusion" that Walmart regularly sells the brand too. Yep, 3rd party sellers can list items for sale on the Walmart web site!  You might as well be shopping on eBay then.

I learned this the hard way when I purchased a shower caddy from the Walmart web site and tried to return it to the store.  I was told then they could not refund me since I bought it from a 3rd party seller (I had no idea!), and they gave me instructions on how to contact the seller. 

Then it was a game trying to get my money back from said seller, which I found out in this case was located in China, and after some back & forth emails I finally I settled on a partial refund just to be over it. 

It wasn't a lot of money lost, but it could have been, and nowadays I pay MUCH closer attention to the retailer listed now on the Walmart web site. 

You have NO protection whatsoever when you buy from a 3rd party seller on the Walmart site.  In fact, when I search for something there, the first thing I do in search results is go to "Sort & Filter", Click on "Retailer" from the drop down, and then check off the box for "Walmart . com". 

One good thing about the Walmart web site though? I do receive my deliveries extremely fast (as long as it's items that they sell & ship lol).  

I hope this info helps someone!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for posting this. I was considering ordering the tsv & came here for reviews. This is important to me & I appreciate you posting. Definitely not for me.
Respected Contributor

@Mesmerized169 when purchasing from a 3rd party seller on Walmart's website you have to check to see if the item is returnable to the store. Many that I have encountered are. I purchased my son an Xbox controller for Christmas last year from a 3rd party seller on Walmart's website (99% of the time I filter my searches to Walmart as the seller), but for this item I could only find it from a 3rd party seller. My son ended up not needing the controller because he received more than one that Christmas so I returned it to my local Walmart store and was given a full refund.