Honored Contributor

Have you seen the new boots by Alegria that'll be on tomorrow?  What do you think of these?  Who's in for buying a pair ot two?

Contributor

Re: Alegria boots on Thursday

Yes, I received an e-mail a few days ago.  I love Alegria.  I have a couple of pairs of the "Jill".  I really like the Tartan color in this boot, although one reviewer said they were too bright.  I am concerned about the sizing and asked a question.  I haven't seen my question posted, so I don't have my answer.  I went on Alegria's website and found what they are calling a new size chart.  My size, 35, is a 5 - 5.5.  The write-up on this boot says that 35 is just a 5.  I guess I'm going to have to wait to order.  Sometimes, during presentations, they indicate whether or not to size up or down.  What color did you like?

Frequent Contributor

They are adorable, especially the black flowered ones.  Just too spendy for me.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered these boots in the "sweetie pie" and received them 2 days ago. They are absolutely gorgeous! However, I ordered the same size as the Mary Janes TSV a few months ago and the ankle boots are one size too large. I have reordered and will send DH to the post office Friday to send the first pair back so I can receive my credit in 3-4 weeks😀.

Honored Contributor

I'll wait until the Alegria website puts them on clearance, then I'll think about it.  I really have no need for boots.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

LindaMJ,  Thanks for your post.  That helps me with my size question.  I was going to go up to the next size to accomodate a sock, but I might just stick to my size 35 (5) size.  If they run large, I would be better off with the smaller size. 

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Edited Thursday - So glad I waited to see them on air. Definitely not for me...they looked so much cuter online than on the models, IMHO! If they do not look good on them, they will not look good on anyone. Saved myself $130 by waiting for the presentation! 

I really like the black flowered ones! I am waiting to see them on air, though, before I order. They seem more like something I would wear in place of a shoe with jeans, not an actual boot. They seem much too low to be considered a boot. Hope I like them "in person" as much as online! (As an aside, I've yet to find a pair of Alegria sandals that do not rub someplace on my foot. I've bought & returned 4 styles here and 2 on Amazon...and yes, I have stopped trying Alegria sandals!)

Honored Contributor

What do I think of them? 

Nothing good. 

Valued Contributor

I received the boots in brown and they are beautiful. Ordered my regular size and they fit fine.
Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Have you seen the new boots by Alegria that'll be on tomorrow?  What do you think of these?  Who's in for buying a pair ot two?

Ugly. I like Leather that looks like leather. Printed leather looks unattractive and very cheap and vinyl-y to me.