Honored Contributor

Re: Alegria Confusion on Sizing

@2blonde wrote:

@mpobs  I have several Alegria shoes, all in size 39.  I pre-ordered this clog in the Posh Gold, and I already have it.  My normal size in shoes is a 9, but I do have a narrow, shallow foot.  I ordered this one in a 39, and the fit is perfect.......I love the shoe.  My only problem is that, for some weird reason, they squeak when I walk!  I just ordered another pair in the pewter, and I'm hoping they don't also make that noise......it's really loud. 

@2blonde

One of my first pair of Alegria shoes squeaked when I walked, so I took out the insert and sprinkled baby powder around the area where the insert fits into the shoe and around the edge of the insert itself and no more squeak!

The noise is coming from the suede insert rubbing against the suede where the insert fits into the shoe. HTH!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom and others who wear Alegria:  I'm thinking of getting the Alegria classic clog and wonder whether any of you have worn that or other similar Alegria clogs.  If so, does the shoe slip off your foot at all when you walk in it a lot?  I want the shoes for my walking program, so don't want something that will slip off.  The Seville clog I see has a strap that can be used on the back of the shoe, so I could get that, but I like the classic better. 

I'd very much appreciate any feedback as to whether they'd slip off if I took 45-minute walks in them.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X

My most favorite style in Alegria is the Kayla clog. I have about 6 pair of those in different patterns/colors.

I never have a problem with them slipping off my foot. HTH!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Ms X

My most favorite style in Alegria is the Kayla clog. I have about 6 pair of those in different patterns/colors.

Thanks so much, @KingstonsMom!

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom  Oh, thank you so much for your

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

@mpobs  I have several Alegria shoes, all in size 39.  I pre-ordered this clog in the Posh Gold, and I already have it.  My normal size in shoes is a 9, but I do have a narrow, shallow foot.  I ordered this one in a 39, and the fit is perfect.......I love the shoe.  My only problem is that, for some weird reason, they squeak when I walk!  I just ordered another pair in the pewter, and I'm hoping they don't also make that noise......it's really loud. 

@2blonde

One of my first pair of Alegria shoes squeaked when I walked, so I took out the insert and sprinkled baby powder around the area where the insert fits into the shoe and around the edge of the insert itself and no more squeak!

The noise is coming from the suede insert rubbing against the suede where the insert fits into the shoe. HTH!

@KingstonsMom  Thank you so much for that info!  I never even thought of that, as this is the first pair that ever did that for me.  I will definitely do it, but I'll have to find some baby powder first!

Laura loves cats!
Occasional Visitor

Re: Alegria Confusion on Sizing -- please offer an INCH measurement! Pretty please!

I wish Alegria would just offer an inch measurement for each style of shoe they offer on the Q (in addition to their kind-of-off euro sizing) since so many people have questions all over the Alegria listings about which size they should get. Would save many of us in return fees, and QVC could be the hero. 

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Ms X

Hi IG.  I like Kayla too.  Paloma is my fav!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
New Contributor

What I find confusing is the spokesperson for Alegria sandals say the toes and heels should rest inside the footbed but the models all have toes and heels at the edge or slightly over. Are they all wearing sizes too small.? I’m confused as to how I should expect my sandals to be a true fit.