Frequent Contributor

Alegria Confusion on Sizing

[ Edited ]

i love Alegria shoes but sizing has me confused. I am a 7.5 shoe size and I bought the last tsv sandal in a 37 & they fir great! I bought the tsv before that ( the clog with back strap) & ordered it in 37 but it was way too short. Had to send it back. I bought the tsv before that one - a shoe & the chart said to order 38 & it is a touch big but doable.  I love them! So I have a 37 & a 38. I hat QVC return policy & don't want to miss out on this. Any thought from Alegria lovers. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Alegria Confusion on Sizing

This style runs small imo.  I'm a solid 8, and in the previous year's TSV that was similar, the 38 was way too small.  Many felt that way.  The sandals, IMO, run TTS and the boots often run TTS.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Frequent Contributor

@winamac1 So you think I should size up to 38 versus ordering the 37 which the chart says? Thanks for helping!

Valued Contributor

I find the same problem with Vionic.  Have returned at least 50% of my QVC shoe purchases due to inconsistent sizing in every brand I've tried.  Shoe companies IMO just can't seem to standardize sizes.  

Esteemed Contributor

I tuned in on my way looking for another program.  I don't usually watch live shopping channels.  In any case I saw the designs, and the colors and THE PRICE (WHICH STOPPED ME COLD).  However the sizes were flashed on the screen with no details.  How in the heck do I know what they mean?  I would have to go online to figure it out.  So QVC if you are reading this, it would make sense to translate.  You might as well been giving the entire presentation in another language.  Okay, rant over.  Just seems counter productive if you are wanting to sell these shoes.

Respected Contributor

Their sizing is beyond aggravating.  Who would be able to buy a size 8 shoe if they take an 8-1/2 and have it fit?  That would never happen for me!  So what's this business about having one shoe that they claim fits two sizes?  Then you have the option of sizing up.  Most of the time, a 9 would be constantly slipping off, though there are times when I could wear it.  A 9-1/2 would never fit me.  If they're going to sell in the US, why not size their shoes like other brands?  That would make getting the right fit easier.  They also need to make more shoes in wide. 

Honored Contributor

@mpobs

I have about 15 pair of Alegrias in sandals, clogs and boots. I wear a 7, all 15 pair I have are a 37, but I pre-ordered this TSV in a 37 and it was too tight across my foot and too short, so I would definitely size up! HTH!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Frequent Contributor

@KingstonsMom

Thanks so much! I got queenie gold on wait list in 38 and now I will order the pewter dazzler in 38 as well! 

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

Their sizing is beyond aggravating.  Who would be able to buy a size 8 shoe if they take an 8-1/2 and have it fit?  That would never happen for me!  So what's this business about having one shoe that they claim fits two sizes?  Then you have the option of sizing up.  Most of the time, a 9 would be constantly slipping off, though there are times when I could wear it.  A 9-1/2 would never fit me.  If they're going to sell in the US, why not size their shoes like other brands?  That would make getting the right fit easier.  They also need to make more shoes in wide. 

@Ms X

All Alegria shoes can be made into a 'wide' size, by changing the insert to a 'wide' insert. Q sells them, as well as shoe stores that carry Alegrias.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks again, @KingstonsMom!  Maybe I should try to find a store that sells them so that I could go in and try them on.  All this confusion about the sizing and the fact that they don't make wides makes that the best option.  I want to get my Alegria walking shoes by early fall, so that gives me some time to actually go try them on.  I really appreciate your info about the shoes you have of theirs.  I love that rocker bottom that lets you move really fast.

Can anyone suggest another brand with a bottom like this that has wides in American sizes?