Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday's technology today.

Honored Contributor

Re: AirPods old generation

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

@SuhseK wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@BesottedwithEskies   Not surprised.  The Q is not known for offering the latest when it comes to technology.

I would never chance wearing something like that into my ears for potential health reasons anyway.

I have had these Airpods, for almost a year. They are fantastic. I Love mine. Great for conversations, but, also great for listening to music! 

How much difference would the noise cancellation make; worth the price difference? I don't know. If it's a big issue, read reviews, do a little research. 

I can highly recommend, this version, though.  

One word of caution: be Careful, not to lose them! It can be easy to set them down.  They cannot be insured against theft or loss. 

you can buy tethers for them

the tsv comes with a magnetic neck strap/wrap.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

The accessories can be purchased easily at Amazon.  That way, whatever accessory you don't think you will use, you don't have to pay the extra $$.  I have the first generation Apple AirPods and I think the sound is great, but they don't really stay in my ears well when I am on the treadmill.

Honored Contributor

Costco Apple Air Pods are $164.99 right now online.  They are 2nd generation, which was the ones just replaced by the Pro.  

Honored Contributor

Costco Apple Air Pods 2nd Generation are $164.99 right now online.  They are 2nd generation, which was the ones just replaced by the Pro.  

The 2nd generation are $199 on the Apple site. 

Honored Contributor

@BesottedwithEskies  I knew that!  It just takes a minute to look that up....just google that.

Pro’s main difference is it cancels out background noise.....

My teenage grandchildren ( all 4 of them) who believes in everything technology...wants no part of them....

They say way too easy to loose them.....

Valued Contributor
I just checked on Shop HQ (another name change!). The air pods they are offering look just like Apple pods however, they are from a different company. Read carefully & you’ll see the difference.
I purchased very reasonably priced ear pods for myself & my husband from HSN by Sharp. They have worked perfectly all year. He does professional cycling for charity & wears them for rides that he’s not helping to sponsor. He loves them. I’ve only used mine when I had surgery in the OR to help relax my mind. I will get my DH Apple ear pods at some point but, no rush More $ to spend on our 2 very young grandchildren!!!
Honored Contributor

I think people pay more than they're worth on qvc so they can split up the payments because they can't swing the whole shebang at once. Like most other things on QVC, electronics are old stock and more expensive than other sites. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I think people pay more than they're worth on qvc so they can split up the payments because they can't swing the whole shebang at once. Like most other things on QVC, electronics are old stock and more expensive than other sites. 

I do understand that but why pay $40 or $50 more for the privelege , they throw in some accessories that you can get for maybe $25 elsewhere that you don't really need, 

I know , I know  buyer beware and all that 

Honored Contributor

@BesottedwithEskies wrote:
AirPods not the newest. The new ones are the Pro with noise cancellation.

@BesottedwithEskies 

This was mentioned on air. I can’t imagine getting a version w/o noise cancellation if it is available. But, then again, I haven’t found a need for AirPods  myself. I think they must do a lot of things I don’t care about.