Trusted Contributor

Any air fryer cookbook recommendations? I saw the one they're promoting today, but there's lots & wondered which one might have the best recipes, or easiest. Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

I brought a large Phillips air fryer last year. The fryer has XL in it's name. Amazon may have them. If not Williams-Sonoma. 

Esteemed Contributor

YouTube videos. 

Esteemed Contributor

I do think the larger 5.3 quart Paula Deen air fryer, 1700 watts, with the square basket, cooks things about 1/3 faster than the smaller 1400 watt PD air fryer that I have owned for almost a year.  Things tend to get crispier, too.  I just received it a couple of days ago and have only used it four times so far, but there is a difference.

I think one brand is as good as another, and I'm not loyal to any of them.  I chose my first one based on price mainly.  The second larger one I chose because of price after using 15% off code, and because of the higher wattage and larger basket.  I never use any of the accessories. So far I think I made a wise choice.  

If I read correctly that the TSV is 1600 watts, I would think that is a good feature.  Having now used a 1400w and 1700w fryer, I prefer the higher wattage.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Air fryer confusion

[ Edited ]

@mima wrote:

There are only two of us and I still want a larger one.  I think if the food was spread out, it would cook better.  I think the Paula Deen one has a seperater so you can cook two different foods.  I can't remember for sure if it did and too lazy to look but that would be nice also. I'm not buying another one til mine quits, but right now that would be my choice. 

@mima, The one I received recently did not come with a separator. It came with skewers, a shelf/riser?, and round baking pan.  I never use the accessories, so they are still in the box at the moment.  

Respected Contributor

I am so done with another counter appliance.

As I'm getting older, I like to see clean counters (or as clean as they can be) without all that clutter.

I put up shelves in another room next to the kitchen and I have them all on a shelf and find it very hard to go get one and take it back.

I'm not much of a fryer, maybe once a week so spending another $100 on a counter appliance isnt' worth it to me.  Which one works better?  Who knows, I have a belief it works better if you don't crowd the food in there and have a higher wattage

Frequent Contributor

Lots of different air flyers...what is the difference, which do you like best? Meredith's Cook's Essential Air Flyer, Emerils Air Flyer, this Power Air Fryer XL, Philip's Air Flyer, and lots more brands. Many sites rated the Philip's the best. Do you use yours or will it sit in the pantry with your pressure cooker, ice cream maker, electric skillet, waffle iron, panini maker, and all the other small appliances?

Esteemed Contributor

I think in air fryer is a great idea but when I see the NuWave oven I think it does the same thing for a lot less money.

Contributor
@Mary Bailey wrote:

I think in air fryer is a great idea but when I see the NuWave oven I think it does the same thing for a lot less money.

Where did you find a NuWave oven for "a lot less money." Cheapest NuWave I could find is $89.99.

Respected Contributor
Last spring there was a Cooks Essential air fryer TSV. My son, who was 11 at the time, watched that presentation every time it was on and was convinced we needed it. I did not think we needed any device that might encourage us to eat more French fries. Late in the evening that day, Meredith Lawrence demonstrated salmon and roasted vegetables and I caved. I was concerned about where I'd put it, but it sits on one corner of my stove because I use it more than my cook top or oven.

I make any kind of meat in it that I would in the oven or in a skillet on the stove. I have yet to dry out a chicken breast and burgers turn out perfect every time. It's great for bacon, grilled cheese sandwiches, roasted vegetables, and French toast. I even make kale chips and roasted chick peas. I only cook for 2 people. Most meals are almost done before my oven pre-hears. When I bought it, I lived in a house without central air and it was great because it puts off hardly any heat.

Someone asked about batter dipped foods. They don't do well in the air fryer. Anything you bread, you need to add a little oil to the breading, but far less than you'd use deep frying.

I have both the large and small CE air fryers. The only feature I wish I had with the ceramic basket. I love my air fryer and don't know how I managed without it.