Honored Contributor

I am hesitant to buy this because of the bad reviews their other humidifier got even though this was does not have as many bad reviews.

Anyone have this?  Would you recommend it?

Thanks

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I have a larger humidifier which was the TSV several years ago.  I've never used it much because it's too much trouble to fill then carry to the location you want.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I bought 2 Air Innovations humidifiers from QVC 3 seasons ago.  One is still working great, the other is on it's way out (making an unhappy sound, unlike the total silence before).

I am purchasing a TSV today to replace the one that is on it's way to humidifier heaven.

I do used spring water puchased from my food co-op to fill them.  I haul the water home in 5 gallon bottles that I fill there.  They are heavy when full and filling the humidifiers without losing some of the water over the sides took some time to master, but now I've got it down. 

Love my humidifers!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I have two previous models (very similar) and I would recommend them.

Like most things, they require a bit of effort but in my experience they work very well.  I'd get this one if I needed another:

https://www.qvc.com/%22As-Is%22-Air-Innovations-Clean-Mist-Humidifier-with-Sensa-Touch.product.V1272...

The wood grain is nice.

I think the bottom fill is more likely to be cleaned as necessary, since you actually have to look at it when you fill it.  It's not hard to do.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Re: Air Innovations TSV

[ Edited ]

I own two older 1.5-gal bottom-fill AI humidifiers and I love them. Even though my tap water is moderately hard, I can still use that water with the optional hard-water filter and enjoy a white-dust-free home. The key to keeping it dust free is to change those hard-water filters frequently....they don't last forever like the ceramic filters do. The permanent ceramic filter, which comes with the humidifier when you buy it, does not filter out hard-water minerals so if you have hard water then you might want to buy the optional hard-water filters or just use DI water from a bottle to ensure your home won't get that white dust on everything.

Honored Contributor

I bought one several years ago which we used for about 3 months. 

I only used it when the humidity was under 40% in the house which is normally about 3 months thru the winter Dec-Feb.

It worked fine during those 3 months but when I got it out to use the following winter it would not work.

I have never bought another one since I figure they should last longer then 3 months use.

I guess they are ok if you are ok with buying a new one every winter.

I also got sick that winter & had not been sick in years & have not been sick since???????????????????????????????????????

Honored Contributor

Re: Air Innovations TSV

[ Edited ]

Another over priced Air Innovations.  I had to return two because they stopped working in the first week of use.  I just purchased a humidifier for my bedroom for $20.99 that has a material that prevents any formation of mold.  Bought it at Target and I get it on Monday.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I have the model that was a TSV winter before last I think.  I really like it.  It does take practice filling it.  I use distilled water to avoid the white dust.  About every two weeks during the heating season I empty it, rinse the container with vinegar and let it air out.  I do the same with the base, sometimes there is a bit of build up in the base that comes off easily with a Q-tip.  Before i put it away for the season I do the same thing and let it dry completely before i put it back in its box.  I am thinking about getting the new TSV.