Honored Contributor

Re: Air Innovations 1.6 Gallon Ultrasonic Humidifier

The "white dust" is why I stopped using a humidifier years ago.  And I wouldn't pay for distilled water.  The filter sounds like a good idea though.  Is it expensive?

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

The "white dust" is why I stopped using a humidifier years ago.  And I wouldn't pay for distilled water.  The filter sounds like a good idea though.  Is it expensive?

@ValuSkr

For me the hard-water filters are worth the cost. The key is to change them frequently and that might be too expensive for some people. Reducing the white dust created by the humidifiers depends largely on how hard your water is, how often you use your humidifier and how often you change the filter. During the coldest months of winter, my humidifiers are running long hours at almost full blast and I change the filter once every 30 days or so. Then when their use go  down I can leave a filter in them longer. I average using 3 or 4 filters per winter season. 

I frequently buy the 'As-Is' hard-water filters when the Q has free shipping days, I stock up during this time.

Look here for pricing:

https://www.qvc.com/catalog/search.html?keyword=air+innovations+filters

Trusted Contributor

Ok I am ordering 2 !

Trusted Contributor

@H2OSkiGirl wrote:

I have one, different model, and I like it. Mine fills from the top which is very convenientl. I waited to get one that was a top fill. Mine also has an extention for the nozzle so it could sit on the floor and still put the mist out high enough, or it can be put on a table. No leaking so far.

I may have this same model or at least very similar.  We have not experience any leaking issues or any white powder around the house.  We are on our 3rd winter with it.