Valued Contributor

Air Fryers-Are They Worth Having?

Never had one, but, thinking about getting the TSV one. Would appreciate your comments.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

Re: Air Fryers-Are They Worth Having?

I love my air fryer, but I don't use it to try and replace my oven, so the TSV is an easy pass for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you asked that.  Can't wait to see the replies.  I don't normally eat frozen fries, tater tots, cheese sticks, frozen hash browns, wings and a lot of what I see them cook.  Can't batter and fry.  Been trying to determine if I would use one!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sapphiregal wrote:

Never had one, but, thinking about getting the TSV one. Would appreciate your comments.

_______

I am also debating getting an air fryer.

I would use it mostly for roasting vegetables. 

This TS has been on my wish list for a few days. 

Free shipping is a huge draw for me! 

The main issue I have is that it does not include the air fry basket. It is a separate purchase for $24.00.  Plus......$5.50 to ship.  I will wait........

Honored Contributor

Most air fryers are huge and take up a lot of real estate on the kitchen counter.  Its one of those things that must be immediately available or it won't be used.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a multi function air fryer that replaced several items in my kitchen. So yes, it's a great purchase! I'm health conscious with my food, and use it for just about everything other than 'frying'!! Even when recipes call for frying.

I don't have 'long term' faith in the newer  brands like the tsv; mine is a mid-size Cuisinart. 

Valued Contributor

I don't care for a lot of fried foods like French fries or wings, but, I could see myself using the rotisserie function for chicken and prime rib. Really can't decide!!😊😊

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

I'm a big fan of the Foodi 5-in-1 Grill.  I do like to grill a lot and I got it to use instead of my Jenn-Aire cooktop whch smokes a lot and I had an asthmatic cat at the time that I bought it.  It does take up a lot of real estate, but you can grill, roast, bake, dehydrate, and air fry in it.  I roasted a turkey breast in mine for Thanksgiving and I'm looking to explore that roast function rather than air frying this winter.  I prefer the 5-in-1 over the newer XL version because, 1. it fits the space I have for it and the XL wouldnt, 2. the main pot is deeper which means you can fit deeper foods in it although you would still have to spatchcock a large whole chicken to get it in, and 3. the heating element on the 5-in-1 is actually larger than the one in the XL which gives better browning.  The air fry capacity for both is the same, 4 qt.

I guess it sorta depends on your style of cooking.  I rarely would want to cook different items at the same time in the same unit and they would probably have different temp requirements anyways.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a Ninja Foodie 5 in 1 also so it's a grill, air fryer, baker etc and I use it often. I make frozen and fresh fries breaded zucchini, etc. I like it because it's a multi use appliance.

Frequent Contributor

I got mine primarily for roasting things like salmon and vegetables in the summer, when I didn't want to turn on my oven because it would make the house too hot.  It definitely served it's purpose, although once the weather got cooler, I switched back to using my oven.  Coincidentally, we have a new stove/oven on order, and one of the features is that the oven is capable of air frying!  I won't be able to report on the results of this until February, when it will be delivered.