Honored Contributor

Air Fryer--any "singles" buying this?

or do you think it is too large for cooking for one?  I don't have a lot of counter space either so would probably store it somewhere unless I use it several times a week.  I only cook for one or one with enough for leftovers.  Thoughts, please.   (I do cook every day.)

Trusted Contributor

Re: Air Fryer--any "singles" buying this?

[ Edited ]

How often you'd use it and whether or not it would be too big for one person would depend on what types of foods you plan to use it for.  If you'd be making enough for leftovers of things to be frozen, it might be worth it but if you're going to use it for things like French fries, onion rings or mozzarella sticks, I think it would be a waste. I know you can buy smaller air fryers if you search the Internet. 

Respected Contributor

I have been tempted to buy an Air Fryer because I like kitchen gadgets. Then I thought that I am a lifetime Weight Watcher. I avoid fried foods and even one teaspoon of oil can add up. Also most of the foods shown are primarily carbs and processed foods. So I made the decision to pass on it. I have  6 qt Instant Pot pressure cooker that I love and use about three times a week.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's only 3.4 qt capacity.  DH and I use a 4 qt slow cooker and it's quite a step down from the 6 qt I was using when the kids were home.  I think the capacity of this Air Fryer is just right for one or two people....   I was actually surprised that this iteration of the Air Fryer was actually so small....

I want the red one.... Woman Wink

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I  mostly cook for only myself, but larger amounts, as I love leftovers throughout the week.

I was tempted to buy it, but it actually looked small.  I heard Eric say you needed to have space between the items (like chicken pieces) for the air to circulate. One of my friends bought a small air frying unit and it was too small, and therefore frustrating to use correctly.

I might have purchased it if it were a larger size.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, it would be perfect for one or two.  I store mine in antique high chair.  It looks like a pudgy baby sitting there.

Honored Contributor

Actually the TSV is one of the smaller air fryers.  They have a large footprint and take up a lot of counter space.  If you like to cook, you'd probably enjoy it.  It would be great for reheating fast food items or frozen things like chicken tenders. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

There's currently 2 good sized chicken breasts in my air fryer. Before those, I roasted a pan of balsamic Brussels sprouts in it. It's my lunch for the next four days.

You can certainly use an air fryer for more than processed junk food. I think this size is ideal for someone who lives alone.
Honored Contributor

Not buying.

It's cooking & food all day today

Every time I flip over to watch a presentation, I only see Eric dumping food out, never once did I see him operate it.    And the food he made in it is nothing like the kind of food I eat.  I don't eat fries or mozzerella sticks or any of the frozen convenience food.     Often I eat out at lunch and have leftovers at night.

@Daysdee wrote:

or do you think it is too large for cooking for one?  I don't have a lot of counter space either so would probably store it somewhere unless I use it several times a week.  I only cook for one or one with enough for leftovers.  Thoughts, please.   (I do cook every day.)

Honored Contributor

Thanks to all that responded.  I am glad that it is smaller than some other fryers.   I won't be doing appetizers, French fries, etc., but would make a meat loaf, chicken, steak, etc. in it.  I hope it would work for a baked potato since it seems silly to heat my large oven for one small potato.   Will bake fish in it too.  Also will try it for reheating some items like leftovers from when I do eat out (which isn't often), but I always have food to bring home.   Guess I will give it a try.  Glad that it is free shipping; if it wasn't I wouldn't order in case a return will be necessary.    I hope everyone posts about their experiences with it if you do decide or order.