Honored Contributor

Re: Air Fryer--any "singles" buying this?

[ Edited ]

I was very close to buying it and then realized I need another kitchen gadget like I need a hole in my head.  What stopped me was I don't want it sitting out on my countertop.  And if I store it somewhere, I'd never end up dragging it out.

@kathya1119, are you sure it's not PTFE free?  I could swear that Jill said it was and the vendor confirmed it. 

Super Contributor

I love the idea of an air fryer and the size (in terms of quart size, I don't need anything enormous) of Sunday's TSV appealed to me, but I passed because I felt that I needed to do more research before pulling the trigger. The 60 day warranty was admittedly a turn-off.

I'm sure it would've taken up a fair amount of space on the counter, too. I already have a KitchenAid mixer, a toaster oven, and a Vitamix on the counter. I'd realistically have to think about buying a storage rack to store some of my gadgets.

Super Contributor

@Lipstickdiva,it's PFOA free, which is a different compound (and which can't be made any longer since it's a carcinogen). I asked QVC Customer Service on the product page, and Leslie confirmed that it contains PTFE.

Super Contributor

@todaysrx, if you get a storage rack, think about the PopIt. I have one and it holds a boatload of stuff. I'm so sorry I didn't get it the first time it was the TSV -- it would have saved me a lot of shifting things around when I wanted to use one of my small appliances. If you do get it, get the shelf liners. They're worth the extra $25

Honored Contributor

I bought one several months ago and use it a lot. People pretty much know how much they'd use it before they buy, I would think.

Do you like fried foods?  Would you buy and eat more frozen fried foods if it were somewhat healthier to do so? Would you make your own fried chicken, fish, etc. if it was healthier?

I like the idea that I can get the crispness the food is supposed to have, without re-frying it in more oil or waiting for an hour for it to crisp in an oven.

If one "never" eats a fried food because they believe any and all fried foods are unhealthy junk, your body is a temple, etc. then you're not a candidate for an air fryer. Simple.

Yes it takes up counter space. I leave it in the pantry-slash-laundry room, put it on the counter in the kitchen while using and put it back in the other room when done; no biggie.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@chessylady  I'm a WW also and I LOVE my air fryer.  I just made the most wonderful unbreaded fish fillet (1 SP) in it the other night.  It also makes low point fried potatoes and french fries.   Just spray the tators with 0 SP olive oil.  If I spray it 2 or 3 times I add 1 SP to be safe.  You do not have to use breaded meats at all.  

I have a smaller one for two people.  I actually want a larger one now.

It is fantastic for WWs.

Valued Contributor

@mima I agree, I have never eaten fried foods simply because I don't care for the taste of oil.  I use my AF for steaks, salmon, pork chops etc.  It's great for veggies too, asparagus sprinkled with a little fresh grated Parmesan comes out delicious. Brussel sprouts, the new Green Giant cauliflower tots.  I could go on and on, lol.  I respectfully disagree with anyone that says an AF is not for people who don't eat or like fried foods, it truly has many uses as it is similar to a small convection oven. It's great for WW folks or anyone trying to eat healthier.

Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE mine!

Trusted Contributor

I found a very affordable air fryer at Walmart.  Thought I'd buy it to see how I like them.  The cheap one does all that I need it to do very well.  I am more than happy with what I found.

Valued Contributor

The air fryer itself is large but the capacity is small.  Its perfect for two people maybe three but it would not be good for a larger family.  So I would not hesitate to get it.  You do have to have a place to put it or store it.

Many things "fry" without any oil at all.  Other things you add only a spoon or spray of oil.  Very minimal oil.