Respected Contributor

Can you the TSV Air Fryer for fish?  Specifically flounder and cod?  Does anyone have experience using this with fish?

Respected Contributor

Re: Air Fryer TSV?

[ Edited ]

Yes you can. There will be a chart that should be with it to show you how long. You shouldn’t have the strong fish smell in the house as frying it.

I have the Cooks Essentials 5.3 quart and love mine. I have had it one year this week and no problems.

The Power Elite has a 60 day warranty and not 1 year as the one I have. Just wanted you to know this.

Why no reviews on this TSV as it has been sold for about three weeks now?

Honored Contributor

@MKR14  Reviews are there.

Respected Contributor

Thanks as they didn’t have them there earlier. The 60 day warranty made me buy two of the Cooks Essentials 5.3 for Christmas gifts instead. 1 year warranty and I never used mine even once in the past year. I have two grandchildren on their own that would love one.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Now the reviews are gone again?

Honored Contributor

Re: Air Fryer TSV?

[ Edited ]

@MKR14 wrote:

Now the reviews are gone again?

@MKR14  You're right!  That's so crazy -- they are indeed gone again.  There were 13 reviews -- 4+ overall rating.  Why would they remove them, bring them back, and remove them again.  System glitch?

Contributor

I think QVC's goal is to put an air fryer in everyone's kitchen.  Last week-end, we were at a yard sale.  A eoman had paid $120, used it 3 times, and wanted $60.  I just don't think it is something we'd like or use.  But, I have to say, the endless supply that QVC seems to have is tiring.

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy Here's Meredith's Cod recipe.

There is an air fried flounder recipe on All Recipes.

Black Cod with Grapes, Fennel, Pecans and Kale

Author: The Blue Jean Chef, Meredith Laurence 

Serves: 2

From Air Fry Everything! by Meredith Laurence

Black cod is also known as sablefish or butterfish. It’s not actually part of the cod family and not similar to cod in flavor or texture. It’s rich and silky and has more healthy omega-3 fatty acids than any other white fish. It’s one of my favorites!
Ingredients
  • 2 (6- to 8-ounce) fillets of black cod (or sablefish)
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • olive oil
  • 1 cup grapes, halved
  • 1 small bulb fennel, sliced ¼-inch thick
  • ½ cup pecans
  • 3 cups shredded kale
  • 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Instructions
  1. Pre-heat the air fryer to 400º F.
  2. Season the cod fillets with salt and pepper and drizzle, spread or spray a little olive oil on top. Place the fish, presentation side up (skin side down), into the air fryer basket. Air-fry for 10 minutes.
  3. When the fish has finished cooking, remove the fillets to a side plate and loosely tent with foil to rest.
  4. Toss the grapes, fennel and pecans in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the grapes, fennel and pecans to the air fryer basket and air-fry for 5 minutes at 400ºF, shaking the basket once during the cooking time.
  5. Transfer the grapes, fennel and pecans to a bowl with the kale. Dress the kale with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve along side the cooked fish.
Respected Contributor
I love my air fryer and use it nearly every day. It’s perfect for fish. Not only is cooking fish in it easy and fast, it doesn’t stink up the house like cooking fish on the stove too often does.
Honored Contributor

I have had the 3.5 air fryer in this brand for over a year.  I use it several times a week for lunch and/or dinner.  Very happy with it.  I cook salmon often and have also used it for filet of sole plus all kinds of meat, small casseroles, baked potatoes, reheating sandwiches, etc. brought home from eating out, etc.   This one is so tempting, but I really don't need a larger one.   Never have needed a cookbook to use it.