Re: Aimee Kestenberg TSV - June 19, 2023

Fanny Pack, ugly and dated!

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother   Me too!!!  All for $70+   LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not something I would ever use, especially with that price tag!  Too small and I don't care for Fanny packs. Although they seem to have come back, but not for me! 
I don't get it... wearing a bag across your b@@bs, just isn't pretty! 

Maybe a year ago, she did the tiny crossbody TSV, and after several months they were practically giving them away. Although some of her bags are very nice, Aimee doesn't seem to have great instincts about what the Q audience uses... Just my observation. 

Respected Contributor

I like it.  It doesn't matter to me if the style may be considered dated or not.  I will not be purchasing because I try to avoid buying leather.  Sometimes I need to get shoes of leather, for my old feet, but in handbags there are alternatives.  For those buying, enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

@Skyegirl21 I ordered one of her Tiny Crossbody bags in black leather with multi colored gemstones on it. As soon as I opened the bag I knew it was going back. The bag was made out of inexpensive leather and the faux gemstones were glued on poorly. To top it off the bag was sewn at the bottom, so that it was misshapen. I couldn’t send it back fast enough. 😜
Super Contributor

I have two of the OG versions of Aimee's TSV.... i love them.  I wear them across the body and I am not a millenial.  Very comfortable and works well with my retired lifestyle now that i am able to carry a smaller bag.  Love Aimee's quality; i have black and metallic silver leathers.  I did buy the seoond one sale/clearance or maybe even EbAY.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The price is ridiculous for an ugly fanny pack. Please QVC stop selling frumpy stuff! Dorky shorts, boxy knee length dresses unstructured eyelet shirts, & now these fanny packs. They don't sell anything that a classy, sophisticated woman would be caught dead in.

Honored Contributor

Yup, it's a fanny pack. They call them belt bags now.  But come on people, sure you know that literally ALL the top designers have been selling these for hundreds of dollars for years.  LV, Gucci, Prada, CD, YSL.  Some are like a wallet that they put on a belt.  When my daughter first saw one at Gucci, she thought it was something new and fresh.  😂.  You also see young guys with black ones slung across their chests. 

Respected Contributor

Amy from Lug has been presenting them for several years now on QVC. She has certain small bags that convert.

There are high end designers pushing them too. The only difference between the ones from the 80's and now are that they show you that you can wear it on your arm or across your chest, which I did back then.

I've always kept one. Even when they  were hard to find...when the fad ended. I always had a black nylon one.

Everyone in my family took turns using it, either when we went gambling, keeping our money close to us, or at the amusement park...so we didn't have to use the lockers to store our hats, which easily clipped on to the belt. We never called it a Fanny pack, we called it "The Belly Bag" 😆 

I wouldn't buy one now; although keeping your wallet as close to you as possible in NYC is a good idea.