Respected Contributor

Re: Aimee Kestenberg TSV - June 19, 2023

@Trailrun23 wrote:

Lots of my friends are switching to this type of bag, but not for $70. At least it's leather, but for this type of bag fabric would be fine..for much less money. There are so many thefts and issues with parking lot robberies.....especially at grocery stores.....so many are just leaving their purses at home and using a fanny pack or belt bag and taking only the bare necessities to the store with them. I prefer a crossbody, s but it is nice to shop handsfree without having to keep an eye on your purse in a shopping cart. 

Agree; I keep a small crossbody in my car and switch to that for the grocery store. All I need in it is the car key, my phone, and a credit card.

Honored Contributor

I have carried Lug crossbody handbags for the last ten years at least. I buy what is big enough to hold the things I want though, such as the Lug Dory medium, or Lug Alto.  The fanny type bags are too small for my needs. 

I would never put my handbag in a grocery cart. 

Trusted Contributor

We used to make fun of people who wore these. They were considered nerdy.
Trusted Contributor

The thieves would rip this off of you without a thought. It is not real prevention. Things are not yet bad in my area but if the justice system doesn’t change from coddling criminals it will spread everywhere. I carry a medium bag currently as I want certain items w me when I’m running errands. I suppose if I lived in certain cities I would just put a card and some cash in my pocket.