Valued Contributor

Advice please about the Instant Pot TSV

Although I am seriously considering getting the TSV version of this pot, I'm also looking at the 6-qt pot Kohl's has. It is a 7 in 1 pot as opposed to QVC's 9 in 1 version, but from what I can tell, the two functions I would be missing would be the ability to sterilize (don't need) and ability to make cakes (don't do because of diabetes). So, it seems to me that the Kohl's version, which I could get for about $75 with tax, would be a better option for me. At least, that's what it looks like, which is why I'm on here. Is there some other important or useful feature I would be missing with the Kohl's version that I'm not aware of? Would appreciate advice on this. Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Advice please about the Instant Pot TSV

I don't have an Instant Pot so I'm not help.

You can probably get a better deal on one if you wait until Black Friday or Cyber Moday in about 2 months.

Valued Contributor

Sorry everyone who reads this. I posted  a copy of this on the Kitchen Forum and tried to delete this one, but found I couldn't do so. So if anyone has an answer for me, please post a reply under that forum. Sorry!!!!!

Contributor

I agree with you.  I don't need the extra settings and don't have to pay shipping if I buy it locally.  I'm getting mine from Bed Bath & Beyond or Kohls.  I want black so don't care about the color choices either.

Honored Contributor

@MarleneK wrote:

I agree with you.  I don't need the extra settings and don't have to pay shipping if I buy it locally.  I'm getting mine from Bed Bath & Beyond or Kohls.  I want black so don't care about the color choices either.

They are just settings.  Any of them can be set to certain times.  All you have to do is look that up and set the PC.  Mostly those times don't fit what I'm doing anyway. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SoonerCan recipes from any pressure cooker cookbook be used with this?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I don't have an Instant Pot so I'm not help.

You can probably get a better deal on one if you wait until Black Friday or Cyber Moday in about 2 months.

Maybe NOT!  This is the SAME price I paid last yr on Blk Fri from Walmart.  Mine is only a 6 - 1.  While I didn't pay shipping, I didn't get an extra ring which I have already purchased.  My original ring smells like Pot Roast, so I bought another for dessert use only.

I don't have yogurt or sterilization....wouldn't use either BUT

The ONE important thing the Q TSV has is the ability to use LOW pressure.  Mine does not!  HIGH only!  That would be a big advantage.

I have had a bit of a mess w/ a couple pudding recipes that were written for LOW pressure cook.  While I did half the cooking time....the high pressure caused spurting of milk/cream etc when I was releasing the pressure.  What a mess!

Several recipes I wanted to try are written specifically for LOW pressure.