Honored Contributor

It's way past time, but the Q is a bit of a dinosaur.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Like a few others, I had no clue what AA Santa meant, especially since I don't watch the Q live shows (if that's where this came from). Why not just say African American Santa so that readers understand what is being discussed.

Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1  You’re not alone I thought the posted meant Alcoholics Anonymous.

Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1 Agree with you - had no idea what OP was referring too.  Aren't we adults enough to say Africa American instead of kindergarten motions?  I have women say to me.........I'm African American, not Asian or Middle East - I say - okay    I'm white English (no big deal -Kind of obvious)

Esteemed Contributor

@50Mickey @QVCkitty1  QVC can only sell what is brought to them.  Find your dinosaurs elsewhere.

I like the black Santa...it's a nice contrast against the white beard.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@50Mickey @QVCkitty1  QVC can only sell what is brought to them.  Find your dinosaurs elsewhere.

@esmerelda wrote:

@esmerelda , They have been available, Q has never been cutting edge. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Frequent Contributor

Why aren't there more AA hosts?

Regular Contributor

@Leggett28  Your response made me laugh out loud. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@jannabelle1 Agree with you - had no idea what OP was referring too.  Aren't we adults enough to say Africa American instead of kindergarten motions?  I have women say to me.........I'm African American, not Asian or Middle East - I say - okay    I'm white English (no big deal -Kind of obvious)

I had a good chewing out early on with a lady who came to work for us and became a dear friend.  I referred to her as "African American" and she said in no uncertain terms "Do not call me that!  I am as American as you are and I was born here just like you and have never been to Africa or probably ever will.  So I deserve to be an American just like you!"

So, I obviously shy away from that, and I see her point.  She also pointed out later when we were laughing about it (I had apologized in no uncertain terms!) that she was not black either and please do not refer to her as such.  Okie dokie!  She referred to herself as "of color." 

She would pretend to be huffy sometimes when music was discussed because sometimes I knew more about Motown!  We would laugh like crazy.  She died and I miss her so much!  

So that is a memory I treasure and I'm sure somebody here will jump all over me but I don't care because everybody's got to have a hobby and a couple of people enjoy that immensely.  

New Contributor

And your point is what?