Honored Contributor

Re: ARCTIC EXPEDITION Quilted Down Coat TSV (A367602)

@Nuttmeg wrote:

Just FYI, LandsEnd and LLBean are both having sales on outerwear. I usually buy all my rain coats from LLBean, and my regular coats from LandsEnd. 

My last down coat I purchased was from Land's End. It's very lightweight and soft. I was able to order a petite from them and the sleeve length is perfect!  Just the fact that this coat doesn't come in a petite is a deal breaker for me.  I don't want sleeves coming down to my fingertips.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MommaNJ629 wrote:
Ughhh. I hate that colors sell out before I can see a presentation. I don’t know what size to get!!! And I like ivy which is gone and blackberry is going fast. I wear a 14 in kohl’s sizes and large for Qvc, I’m a 38C. I’m 5’5 and abt 200lbs now. Wahhh my heaviest lol. I know this will cost a bundle to return too plus they surely won’t have my size by the time a return processes.

WhAt does it feel like canvas?

@MommaNJ629  I would go with your true Q size. That is what I did and it fit ok, but it was just too stiff/heavy and I couldn't come up w/ a good description on what it FEELS like, but you nailed it I think....Canvas! It's like a heavy/stiff material IMO...I didn't like it at all it's on its way back now!

ETA: Also, b/c of their negligence in explaining what the coat FELT like, I now have to pay 8.95 grrrr! So frustrating!

~ Hope in TN ~
Trusted Contributor

This coat says down but content label says only 75 percent, other 25 poly fill. I would like to know where shawn shops that coats like this go for thousands. Really shawn?
Valued Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
This coat says down but content label says only 75 percent, other 25 poly fill. I would like to know where shawn shops that coats like this go for thousands. Really shawn?

they are copying this coat from Canada Goose brand coats. About $1000 at Nordstrom. Coyote fur hood on those, which I would not wear. But 100% down filled. Logo patch on sleeve, thumbholes, pretty nice looking colors. So I;m wondering is this QVC's brand? I did not see this brand AE sold anywhere but QVC and Overstock (which may have bought out leftovers from QVC?). 

I ask because of the sizing, From the few clothing items I bought at QVC their sizing seems to be much bigger than regular retail. I am a true medium in B&M stores but looking at their sizing I would be an XS. That's a huge difference. I can't imagine a regular brand sizing coats so differently than those mass marketed. 

Respected Contributor

@PinkSunset  I saw online that Artic Expedition is a Capital Garment Co. brand.  Capital Garment Co. is headquartered in Canada.   Capital Garment also has the Nuage brand which the Q sells. 

Esteemed Contributor

In my opinion............lol.......

Susan Graver makes the very best puffer coats........just sayin'

Honored Contributor

I've been losing weight and last year's winter coat looks ridiculous on me, even though I really like the coat itself.  Sizing varies so much from brand to brand, sometimes even garment to garment withing the same brand.  I ordered the Susan Graver TSV from a few weeks ago but my size/color is on waitlist.  It's already cold here in the midwest and I want to look nice when we go to see family for Thanksgiving dinner.  In my mind, I'm thinking I'm one size, but the garment measurment chart says I need a smaller size!!  I ended ordering two sizes of the Artic Expedition coats and will just eat the shipping to return one of them after I try both on. 

Respected Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

@PinkSunset  I saw online that Artic Expedition is a Capital Garment Co. brand.  Capital Garment Co. is headquartered in Canada.   Capital Garment also has the Nuage brand which the Q sells. 

That's what I have...the Nuage coat....got 2 before they were a TSV....and I love those coats!  Got the plum/wine coat and a black one...they are super warm....and made to last.  Very pretty to I get compliments on them.

Respected Contributor

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@MommaNJ629 wrote:
Ughhh. I hate that colors sell out before I can see a presentation. I don’t know what size to get!!! And I like ivy which is gone and blackberry is going fast. I wear a 14 in kohl’s sizes and large for Qvc, I’m a 38C. I’m 5’5 and abt 200lbs now. Wahhh my heaviest lol. I know this will cost a bundle to return too plus they surely won’t have my size by the time a return processes.

WhAt does it feel like canvas?

@MommaNJ629  I would go with your true Q size. That is what I did and it fit ok, but it was just too stiff/heavy and I couldn't come up w/ a good description on what it FEELS like, but you nailed it I think....Canvas! It's like a heavy/stiff material IMO...I didn't like it at all it's on its way back now!

ETA: Also, b/c of their negligence in explaining what the coat FELT like, I now have to pay 8.95 grrrr! So frustrating!

Wow! that is a perfect description...it looks like canvas on air!!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@BrandiDavis 

If you used PayPal to pay for your coat then you can get a refund of that shipping charge. PP will give you the money back. Please read my message number 3 in this thread.