Respected Contributor

ARCTIC EXPEDITION JACKET - Love it!

I just got my jacket.  Never had this brand but read that it runs large so I ordered a Small since I like my cold weather jackets a little roomy because  I want to layer underneath.  The small is roomy but not ridiculously so.  I could have taken an XS, but this will work out fine.  I'm in the northern burbs of Chicago and it's already in the 20s here.  The zippers are sturdy and easy to use.  The pockets have a fleece like lining and feel great.  They are roomy for my dog treats and pick up bags!  Love the collar too.  Comes up high enough so the cold air is blocked but not choakingly high.  The hood is not ridiculously big and will work fine when needed.  I got the green, which is unusual for me, and it's a great deep color. I personally don't find this coat to be heavy.  It feels protective and toasty.  Obviously, This is not a light weight high tech ski material jacket, it's substantial.  I'm 100% fine with that.   Love it.  For info sake, I'm (now!) 5'4-1/2" and weigh around 117 lbs.  

Super Contributor

Re: ARCTIC EXPEDITION JACKET - Love it!

I got the men's version and I absolutely love it.  I did zip off the hood from mine.

Trusted Contributor

Although it's a great looking jacket, it weighs a ton.  Debated all day, but I'm returning mine.  

Valued Contributor

Me too! I ordered white and red, white arrived first and could not be happier with it!  For sizing sake I am a solid 14-16 (hips!). I ordered a medium and I am very comfortable and  able to layer underneath easily.   I am not busty so check the specific jacket sizing.   I drive a lot and commute two hours a day. I like the option of having the gusset on the sides of the jacket. And the double zip! The white is a very arctic white (bright). I like the storm cuffs.  I never ordered from this jacket brand before.  I am actually looking forward to it getting cold.

Respected Contributor

I received mine yesterday and I love it too.  I also got the ivy (green).  I’m 5’4” and 112 lbs. and debated whether to get a small or extra small.  I ended up getting the extra small and the fit is perfect with room for an extra sweater if I want.  This is the best cold weather coat I’ve ever bought.   I live in the Midwest and i know I’ll be warm when it’s 5 degrees!  I thought it was an excellent find. 

Trusted Contributor

I am returning mine. It does weigh a ton because QVC was not honest. It's not 100% down. I have a long coat that's 100 % down. It weighs nothing. Very unhappy with the description since now I have to pay 8.95 to return. 

Respected Contributor

@evelyner   I never heard them say 100% down.  I heard down, feathers and polyester.  If you look at the description of the coat it says the same thing.  75% down/feathers and 25% poly.  

Contributor

I received my coat yesterday in white !  The medium is big on me but they are sold out so I am keeping it !  I love it !   Last year I bought the TSV coat as well and the medium fit fine but my mother loved the wintermint color so I gave it to her !  I think they are great quality !

Frequent Contributor

what color did everyone order?   these are back in stock and I cannot decide between black, white, light gray or navy

Respected Contributor

@fashionqueen I got the IVY, which I normally would not get.  Green is not my color unless a blue green.  WHAT A GREAT COLOR and actually very neutral.  LOVE this coat.   Let us know what you pick!